aTAKEphONE released

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Hi all,

Just posted version 1.39 (002) at the Android Market and my own website.

New:

- Hopefully finally fixed the lags in searching.

- Fix for Droid Pro display (last option in "General" prefs tab).

- Added option - when you press '*' in search - show contacts sorted by most called.

As always - you can geta full featured 30 days free trial at ShSh Software

Thanks !

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Shimon!

OMG, great to "see" you after all this time. I was one of your very first customers on Palm. TakePhone was always one of my favorites and you were one of the great responsive developers back in the Good Old Days of Palm OS.

I've finally come over to the Android Side with my Evo and low an behold here you are! Downloaded your trial and have to say loving it so far. No doubt will be buyinb before the trial is over.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Here's a request. Is it possible to come up with an alternate "large" widget? I know a lot will like the current small one but the large one that came loaded on my Evo is useful when driving since its easy to hit the large photo. Problem with sticking with the stock large Favorites Widget is it does not have the last number dialed feature yours does.

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Shimon!

OMG, great to "see" you after all this time. I was one of your very first customers on Palm. TakePhone was always one of my favorites and you were one of the great responsive developers back in the Good Old Days of Palm OS.

I've finally come over to the Android Side with my Evo and low an behold here you are! Downloaded your trial and have to say loving it so far. No doubt will be buyinb before the trial is over.

Thanks for your kind words.

Welcome to the Android world.

And - a happy new year !

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Here's a request. Is it possible to come up with an alternate "large" widget? I know a lot will like the current small one but the large one that came loaded on my Evo is useful when driving since its easy to hit the large photo. Problem with sticking with the stock large Favorites Widget is it does not have the last number dialed feature yours does.

Hi,

I am planning a bigger widget, still considering possible layouts.

Thanks

rweiss

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I had this program on my Treo and really missed it on my Pre. Now that I have switched to an Epic I am thrilled to find Takephone available again. Thanks for a great program. I'm still learning the Android OS, but have found this program to be a huge improvement on the internal phone. I just wish I could program it to the default phone button.

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Hi Shimon...the latest version is working well on my Epic and the lag seems to be gone.

Is there a way to filter the call log and then delete only those entries? I know you can do that with the stock dialer but I haven't found that function in atakephone. Thanks.

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Great.

You can filter by text - see the menu in the call log, or see history off all calls to a specific person.

I neglected to add the option to purge all filtered calls - will add this shortly.

Thanks

eharty

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately, the lag issue is back and slows down the entire phone. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times to confirm. I really like the app but the slowdown is tough.

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Unfortunately, the lag issue is back and slows down the entire phone. I have uninstalled and re-installed several times to confirm. I really like the app but the slowdown is tough.

Hi,

Would you help me try and debug this ?
If yes - can we take it off-forum ? email me at contact(at)shsh(dot)com

TIA

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Hi all,

A new version of aTAKEphONE - 1.40 - is available at the Android Market, and on my website (ShSh Software - where you can get a full featured 30 days free trial).

atp_system_wallpaper.gif

What's new:

- Adopt display to tablet devices.
- Option for QWERTY keyboard (check out "Find/Dial" tab section in preferences, need to hide T9 keypad to use the qwerty keyboard).
- Send contact from call log details, too.
- Purge filtered calls from call log (to allow deleting all calls to a contact).
- Greek language search.
- Droid Pro keyboard fix.
- More...

Thanks.

Runnin_it

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi. I am trying your app. I downloaded it from your website.
I have tried it before, and ended up refunding because of ONE little issue - I sometimes want to see all my contacts, like the stock People app, but couldn't find a way to do this in your app.
Since yesterday, I have found that if you search on *, it will show all your contacts - but it's slow and the keyboard is hard to hide (I swipe it down; is this right?) Anyway, is there any way you can either incorporate People in some way, or make the current way more efficient? Although search on * is kind of kludgy, I can live with it if it works better.

If it had a separate contacts tab like Youlu, it would be fantastic!

Other than that, GREAT app!

Last edited:

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
Hi. I am trying your app. I downloaded it from your website.
I have tried it before, and ended up refunding because of ONE little issue - I sometimes want to see all my contacts, like the stock People app, but couldn't find a way to do this in your app.
Since yesterday, I have found that if you search on *, it will show all your contacts - but it's slow and the keyboard is hard to hide (I swipe it down; is this right?) Anyway, is there any way you can either incorporate People in some way, or make the current way more efficient? Although search on * is kind of kludgy, I can live with it if it works better.

If it had a separate contacts tab like Youlu, it would be fantastic!

Other than that, GREAT app!

Thanks.

You can configure the app to show contacts when there's no search ("When search empty.." option in "Find/Dial" section), and to start with the keypad hidden. Would that be good ?

Shimon

Runnin_it

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks.

You can configure the app to show contacts when there's no search ("When search empty.." option in "Find/Dial" section), and to start with the keypad hidden. Would that be good ?

Shimon
But I lose the i-bar that way. I use the i-bar to replace the favorites widget and reclaim some screen real estate. However, this would be OK if you could make the keyboard easier to hide. Starting with it hidden makes it kind of hard to open it.

takephone#AC

Aug 23, 2009
www.shsh.com
But I lose the i-bar that way. I use the i-bar to replace the favorites widget and reclaim some screen real estate. However, this would be OK if you could make the keyboard easier to hide. Starting with it hidden makes it kind of hard to open it.

Hi,

I will be adding an option for contacts AND i-Bar.

Regarding the keypad - could not think of a place to put the "hide/show" button.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.

TIA

Runnin_it

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I will be adding an option for contacts AND i-Bar.

Regarding the keypad - could not think of a place to put the "hide/show" button.
Any suggestions will be most welcome.

TIA

Yeah, there really is nowhere to add a hide/show button. How about this, though; is it possible to make it a secondary function of the call button? Like long press to hide/show the dial pad? As I said before, I understand if it can't be done; the contacts+i-bar is enough for me to purchase it. It is a great app!