I have downloaded Weather Bug, Acuweather, and Weather Channel apps and none of them show a regional and National Radar maps. Does any one know of one that has these Radar Maps? I live in Louisiana and want to be able to see where hurricanes are in the Gulf etc.
    12-24-2009 09:14 AM
    I've played with most of them and really like WeatherEye the best. It's a widget, and when you press it, up comes the forecast. At the bottom you can then pick short range, long range, and radar, which is fully zooomable. And you can select different cities. I really like it.
    12-24-2009 10:20 AM
    However you can set a bokmark into your browser to get a customized weather radar for your area, here's how:

Just put this link in your browser, after you made the changes of course.

-http://www.accuweather.com/m/US/wigs.axdcity=VIRGINIA+BEACH&state=VA&w=320&h=240&type=_SIR&geoWidth=175&lat=36.80&lon=-76.05&anim=3&af=5

VA =State

Screen size
    320 =screen width
    240 =screen Height

Zoom in & out of radar view
    175 = Lowering number zooms in location/Higher number zooms out location

Location Coordinates
    36.80 =latitude
    76.05 =longitude

The above in red need to be changed in link to your - Location ,Screen size and your Location Coordinates.
    Coordinate look up
    Address Map Coordinate (Longitude/Latitude) Finder:
    Address Map Coordinate (Longitude/Latitude) Finder

Once you get the map to the size and zoom level you want simply bookmark it and everytime you open it it will refresh with updated maps.
    12-24-2009 10:22 AM
    Radar Now is a free radar app... works decently.
    12-24-2009 10:25 AM
    I have Radar Now and Space Weather which I fricken LOVE! If you're a weather geek, check it out:

Space Weather v1.0 Application for Android | Reference
    12-24-2009 12:58 PM
    Weatherbug elite shows maps, with a ton of overlays. Cots a little, but is worth it
    12-25-2009 01:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD