Can someone explain the two Birthday options on the Google calendar?

Abhinav Srivastava

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
birthdays on google calendar app

Screenshot_2014-11-17-13-50-09~2.jpg
In the Google calendar app swiping from left, I see two Birthday options - one under Local Calendar and the other under More.
1. What is this Local Calendar - Most of the bdays are coming from this. When I open the calendar item the last line says Birthdays (phone)?
2. I see some more Birthdays in the calendar when I turn on More/Birthdays but I do not have any Google contact with that name or bday shown. I had, they were deleted and since then I have also cleared App Cache. Again, no clues what is the source.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: birthdays on google calendar app

Welcome to Android Central! Local calendar indicates that the calendar events are associated with the Phone account. Information on the Phone account doesn't sync with Google. I would guess that you have contacts that are associated with your Phone account (and not a Google account), and those Birthdays are being drawn from those locally stored contacts.

The Birthdays listed under More are probably associated with your Google account, and are probably drawn from your Google+ account, and the friends you have in your Circles and/or Google Contacts.

I generally recommend to people that they associate their contacts and calendar events with their Google account only, and avoid the Phone account. If you only have this info stored locally and something happens to the phone (e.g., it gets lost, or dies, or you accidentally delete important info), then you don't have anywhere else you can access it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463