Why is my Android keeping files after a cancelled download?

sintane

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site
android keeping files after cancelled download

I recently managed to free enough space on my Xperia m2 to download asphalt 8 airborne (1.5 gb) but when I got to about 75% my Internet went off and the download was cancelled when I tried to reinstall it later I was told there was insufficient data storage available later, I looked in storage in settings it said I had a total of 5gb, I was using just under 3gb and I had 500mb available. I think it kept the files from the download when it went wrong, I've tried wiping caches but nothing changes. please help

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: android keeping files after cancelled download

Welcome to Android Central! Use a file manager app like ES File Explorer and look through the various folders to see if there is one for Asphalt. Check the /storage/sdcard0/data or /storage/sdcard0/Android folders, and look through the various subfolders. You might find an .obb file for Asphalt, which are typically giant files.

sintane

Nov 19, 2014
Visit site

I can't download that app, I don't have enough memory available and I've tried uninstalling 50mb worth of apps but I do have file komander installed could I use that?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

If File Komander is a file manager, then yes, you should be able to use it.