Issue With Music Playback on Play Music and Amazon MP3

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Ran into an issue today with my Droid Turbo, haven't had it happen in the 3 weeks I've had the phone.

In short, in the Google Play Music and Amazon MP3 apps, my music won't play. I press the play button on a song, but it doesn't stay on. And if it does stay on, it only stays on for a quick second. If I keep pressing the play button repeatedly, it will play the song in a choppy fashion. I know it isn't a cloud streaming issue as it happens with both on-device and cloud music (plus, Amazon shows the song load progress, and that isn't an issue). Also, not a corrupt file issue either, as it happens with every song I try to play.

It happened earlier, I shut down the phone, powered back up, and it was fine for a while, but just noticed it is doing it again.

As a note, I believe it's an app issue, as music plays in Ringdroid, Pandora is fine, and You Tube videos play without issue.

Has anyone else run into this issue? TYIA!

MA2GA28

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Disregard the part about other apps working. Ringdroid is working, but Pandora, YouTube, and basically any other app with a 'play' button are not. No idea what the issue is.