Try the New "Go Launcher" home replacement app! It's awesome :)

sanibel

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Some points:
1. Can't hide apps from app drawer
2. Can't re-size widgets
3. No color icons for the dock

Sounds like a nice launcher that needs some updates to become great.

Prof-KOS

May 22, 2010
Visit site
It's got a ton of potential that's for sure. Not enough for me to give up LauncherPro Plus yet, but it could down the road.

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone noticed an increase in battery usage with this launcher?
It's more likely that you have widgets still updating on other home screens that you "turned off" so that you can use GoLauncher.

I noticed this battery problem when I installed a home launcher. Turns out the widgets I set on the stock launcher were still updating in the background, essentially running twice. I went through all the launchers I have installed, except for the one I am currently using, and removed all widgets. Battery life is much improved.

LaFinDuMonde

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
I am thoroughly enjoying this Launcher. I've dumped the rest for it (although have LauncherPro as backup). Its much smoother and less annoying on my Fascinate. And of course, its free. I just want to learn how to create my own icons, lock screen and top bar. I have not noticed ANY battery drain issues - in fact its been better for me now that I have Juice Defender and Advanced Task Manager working Crazy-stupid on lock-down.

LaFinDuMonde

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
v1.3 is supposed to be released today (according to their badly worded Twitter account). I still strongly recommend using it. As soon as I figure out to how theme and make some of the minor changes myself... its going to be AMAZING.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't state, but does it have 'scrollable widget' support?? Without this it is useless to me as my fave and most used apps/widgets are the Pure Widgets (which look and functon much better with scroll support)....

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't state, but does it have 'scrollable widget' support?? Without this it is useless to me as my fave and most used apps/widgets are the Pure Widgets (which look and functon much better with scroll support)....
+1

I can't survive without my Pure Grid Calendar. :D

LaFinDuMonde

Dec 14, 2010
Visit site
Their latest Tweets state it will support more themes in the next month as well as custom dock features. I downloaded 1.3 the other morning but haven't noticed much difference.

DrSuSE

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Just for updates sake... not sure how far back this goes, but you can resize widgets and change icons now.

You still cannot hide apps from the app drawer.

stacyadell

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
+1

I can't survive without my Pure Grid Calendar. :D

I tried it out and it does indeed support scrollable widgets (I use Pure messenger and grid calendar) I liked it but I am waiting for the ability to costumize the dock background and work out a few of the bugs although the latest update did fix the duplicate items showing up in the app drawer.

Shaner

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Just curious, I seem to be having phone memory issues and until I figure out where the heck my memory is going, I am looking for launcher that supports sd card storage? or at least the themes can be stored on the SD Card. I see some other, older launchers like Ahome allow this but are there any others? Currently using ADW Ex on HTC Desire 2.2.

kamtsa

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Anybody knows who is behind the Go Launcher app or what is their privacy policy?

Could not find any information on the web.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci