02-12-2011 02:27 PM
48 12
tools
    I just installed this new home replacement app from the market. It's really cool and works flawlessly. You must try guys!!

Below's the link:
    Go Launcher Home Replacement App or Android

I tried it on my SGS and it worked well..
    Do share your experience..
    12-01-2010 12:55 PM
    I'm liking this so far. Good call.
    12-17-2010 01:30 PM
    Some points:
    1. Can't hide apps from app drawer
    2. Can't re-size widgets
    3. No color icons for the dock

Sounds like a nice launcher that needs some updates to become great.
    12-17-2010 02:45 PM
    It's got a ton of potential that's for sure. Not enough for me to give up LauncherPro Plus yet, but it could down the road.
    12-17-2010 02:55 PM
    Has anyone noticed an increase in battery usage with this launcher?
    12-20-2010 05:26 PM
    It's more likely that you have widgets still updating on other home screens that you "turned off" so that you can use GoLauncher.

I noticed this battery problem when I installed a home launcher. Turns out the widgets I set on the stock launcher were still updating in the background, essentially running twice. I went through all the launchers I have installed, except for the one I am currently using, and removed all widgets. Battery life is much improved.
    12-20-2010 05:34 PM
    Great looking launcher but it freezes up on my EVO.
    12-20-2010 08:29 PM
    That's right
    12-20-2010 09:17 PM
    I'm happy with LauncherPro. I like to be able to customize the icons.
    12-20-2010 09:23 PM
    I am thoroughly enjoying this Launcher. I've dumped the rest for it (although have LauncherPro as backup). Its much smoother and less annoying on my Fascinate. And of course, its free. I just want to learn how to create my own icons, lock screen and top bar. I have not noticed ANY battery drain issues - in fact its been better for me now that I have Juice Defender and Advanced Task Manager working Crazy-stupid on lock-down.
    12-21-2010 09:26 AM
    v1.3 is supposed to be released today (according to their badly worded Twitter account). I still strongly recommend using it. As soon as I figure out to how theme and make some of the minor changes myself... its going to be AMAZING.
    12-24-2010 06:32 AM
    It doesn't state, but does it have 'scrollable widget' support?? Without this it is useless to me as my fave and most used apps/widgets are the Pure Widgets (which look and functon much better with scroll support)....
    12-24-2010 08:07 AM
    It doesn't state, but does it have 'scrollable widget' support?? Without this it is useless to me as my fave and most used apps/widgets are the Pure Widgets (which look and functon much better with scroll support)....
    +1

I can't survive without my Pure Grid Calendar.
    12-24-2010 09:36 AM
    Their latest Tweets state it will support more themes in the next month as well as custom dock features. I downloaded 1.3 the other morning but haven't noticed much difference.
    12-27-2010 10:08 AM
    Just for updates sake... not sure how far back this goes, but you can resize widgets and change icons now.

You still cannot hide apps from the app drawer.
    12-27-2010 01:24 PM
    +1

I can't survive without my Pure Grid Calendar.
    I tried it out and it does indeed support scrollable widgets (I use Pure messenger and grid calendar) I liked it but I am waiting for the ability to costumize the dock background and work out a few of the bugs although the latest update did fix the duplicate items showing up in the app drawer.
    12-28-2010 04:36 PM
    Just curious, I seem to be having phone memory issues and until I figure out where the heck my memory is going, I am looking for launcher that supports sd card storage? or at least the themes can be stored on the SD Card. I see some other, older launchers like Ahome allow this but are there any others? Currently using ADW Ex on HTC Desire 2.2.
    01-21-2011 01:07 PM
    Anybody knows who is behind the Go Launcher app or what is their privacy policy?

Could not find any information on the web.
    01-21-2011 02:33 PM
    Anybody knows who is behind the Go Launcher app or what is their privacy policy?

Could not find any information on the web.

Try their website

Go for Android
    01-21-2011 02:37 PM
    Thanks, but stock work better for me.
    01-21-2011 02:47 PM
    Try their website

Go for Android
    I tried but could not find any info who is behind it

Go for Android

Is it a company? Who are the developers? In what country are they located? Is it a front for the PLA?

They get quite a lot of permissions on our phones.
    01-21-2011 09:36 PM
    Supposedly we are getting an upgrade today to "GO Launcher EX." This new version of the program is designed to be leaner and meaner. Also it comes with several new themes. I'm hoping for the ability to create my own.
    01-22-2011 07:53 AM
    Has anyone else recieved the "Item cannot be found" message when trying to open Go Launcher in market from Appbrain? Even when I used barcode, I received same message.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks
    01-22-2011 11:14 AM
    I know I'm anxious to see their new EX version. I think they are updating their page as they go, I don't know. Hopefully it will be up in the market tonight. I downloaded and viewed the new APK file from their web site last night but see that it is gone now. (Edit: It is on their main page, sorry) Lots of new icons.

I'm also a little curious: How can they produce such a great launcher without charging any $$$?

There hasn't been any ads in previous versions. They seem to address permissions on their site but I'm just curious. I really like this launcher, I think it is the best one out there, but I just wonder how they can do this without any payment.

Maybe I'm just paranoid. My wife says I am
    01-22-2011 01:13 PM
    I'm seeing Go Launcher Ex in the Market now.
    01-22-2011 05:35 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD