Is there an app to spy on kids?

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Is there an app that one can put on his phone to monitor his kids? both are Android phones.
What my mom basically wants is to be able to see their chats and stuff like that on her phone.
is that possible?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If the phones aren't on her account, it's illegal. (In the US it's a violation of anti-terrorism laws, illegal access to a computer and a host of other federal violations.)

If it's in her name, "Let me have your phone for a minute" coming out of her mouth is the only thing she needs. It's her phone - they let her see it or she shuts it off at the carrier. (And don't tell me about kids not wanting to be spied on - I raised 4, and one of my daughters is now raising 2 teen-agers, and if they did anything we couldn't know about until they were 18, they got stopped. And they all turned out fine [except the 2 teen-agers, who haven't "turned out" yet].)

Disturbed_Angel

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Also, ignoring the whole parenting thing and legal thing, there is the fact that "spying" or being able to observe them with out them noticing would be nearly impossible, as it would be very apparent that your phone was doing a lot of extra work, as performance and battery life would both suffer when trying to transmit all that information non stop. I know that there are some apps that will let you track location using a combo of cell tower location, and GPS when needed (again, helping to avoid the battery hit), but I am not sure of the names of the apps.

BullGuard8

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Also, ignoring the whole parenting thing and legal thing, there is the fact that "spying" or being able to observe them with out them noticing would be nearly impossible, as it would be very apparent that your phone was doing a lot of extra work, as performance and battery life would both suffer when trying to transmit all that information non stop. I know that there are some apps that will let you track location using a combo of cell tower location, and GPS when needed (again, helping to avoid the battery hit), but I am not sure of the names of the apps.
well the daughter is a 12 year old I don't think she would notice things like decreased battery life.

She is American, but they all live in Dubai and are migrating to Germany soon so my mom is concerned and wants to keep her safe.

So really I thought I would get a few options seems like this isn't something simple heh? :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad