Wifi Mouse Pro migration help needed

johnnybiggles

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I just bumped up from a Galaxy S3 to an LG G3. On my S3, I had Wifi Mouse Pro, an app I paid for some time ago and updated once or twice after first getting it. I finally got to a place where it works nearly perfectly (with only one critical, but manageable flaw). Since then, they released several newer versions, and for many of them, several reviewers complained that the upgrade killed certain things and also added malware/adware to the desktop server software that's required for it. So, I refused to upgrade the app. The last version I have on my S3 is 1.4.6 and although most of my apps were successfully transitioned when I set the G3 up, this app did not cross over, which is in a way, good, since, I believe when the phone does this, it gets the latest version of the app from the app store. The store says 'Purchased' for this app, but it's not yet installed.

I want to transfer the version I have to my G3, so I don't have to upgrade the server software or kill the functionality of the app itself. There's no apk visible when connected to a PC, which is probably because it shows as a protected app in some file/app browsers and transfer utility apps, so using ES File Exporer, for example, failed. How can I do this without rooting and for free (ideally)??

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Install App Backup & Restore on the S3. Back up the app. (Back up all your apps and keep the backup folder on your computer, so you have older versions if newer versions go in the wrong direction.)

You can either install AB&R on the G3 (which I'd recommend) and copy the files from the S3 to the folder AB&R makes in the G3 (let the app make the folder - especially if you're going to use the external SD card), then restore that one app, or just copy the app's .apk file to the G3 and press it (in any file manager program - the default app for an .apk file is the installer). Unless the original app requires root, you don't have to root the G3. AB&R doesn't require it.

johnnybiggles

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Install App Backup & Restore on the S3. Back up the app. (Back up all your apps and keep the backup folder on your computer, so you have older versions if newer versions go in the wrong direction.)

You can either install AB&R on the G3 (which I'd recommend) and copy the files from the S3 to the folder AB&R makes in the G3 (let the app make the folder - especially if you're going to use the external SD card), then restore that one app, or just copy the app's .apk file to the G3 and press it (in any file manager program - the default app for an .apk file is the installer). Unless the original app requires root, you don't have to root the G3. AB&R doesn't require it.

This is the problem as stated. The app has (had?) a free version which I have also, but I want what I paid for. I actually had that AB&R app before seeing your post and that is what wouldn't let me back it up, only the free version. It archives the paid version (protected app) but not as an .apk file. It says, "On backup, the market links of them will be saved for restoring." Whatever that means. So, I got the warning, ran it anyway for both versions and now there is the apk for the free version and then an apz for the paid version which is not even 1MB (9k), where the free apk is 2+MB.

johnnybiggles

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, I cracked and just downloaded the newer version. So far, no problems. Just trying to adapt to some slight changes from what I'm used to. Thanks anyway.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza