Texting symbol question

GensBB

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Aggravating situation....when texting and trying to use a symbol, such as a quotation mark or the dollar symbol, my D2 has always put the symbol directly after the word in the sentence even though I space before typing the symbol. Example: John Doe said" Droid is great" ...... When it should be John Doe said "Droid is great"
Everytime I use these symbols I need to back space...add the space...then continue with my text.
Any one else noted this or have this issue?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Aggravating situation....when texting and trying to use a symbol, such as a quotation mark or the dollar symbol, my D2 has always put the symbol directly after the word in the sentence even though I space before typing the symbol. Example: John Doe said" Droid is great" ...... When it should be John Doe said "Droid is great"
Everytime I use these symbols I need to back space...add the space...then continue with my text.
Any one else noted this or have this issue?

Yeah, it's an issue throughout the Android OS, I've experienced it on several different devices. The only thing I do is just tap the space bar twice and deal with the period it automatically inserts (as most people don't care about the period, or even pay attention to it).

Reactions: GensBB

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
No problem. It used to bother me, and it's such a minor thing but sometimes it's the smallest things that are annoying. I've gotten used to it over time though, give it some time and you might not even notice it anymore.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae