New Hangouts Is Buggier than Ever

Benjamin_NYC

Banned
May 15, 2014
Visit site
Starting a new hangout by typing in the person's same into the search causes up to 10 seconds of delay while the system searches my contacts.

I have my Google Voice number in my Hangouts app, and when I go to send a text, I get the popup giving me the option to send it from my GV number or my carrier number. However, it's defaulted to GV (more on that below), and when I click my carrier number, BOTH numbers' radio buttons are selected. If I proceed from there, it sends from GV. To get it to send from carrier number, I have to select carrier number, then GV number, then carrier number again, then OK. Only then will it send from carrier number.

I thought I could solve this problem by changing the settings in Settings->SMS->Default SMS Account to "SMS". However when I do that and go to send a text, I can ONLY send from GV number. This makes no sense. With this setting, shouldn't it be that I can ONLY send from carrier number?

I love the integration of voicemail, texts and hangouts, but boy does this app need work.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol