Recently, folks have developed apps for my Blackberry phone that allows one to add/create BLANK ICONS. They can be moved around the home screen to create permanent spacing between icons that way some apps can kind of stand out from the others as they are separated by spaces. I just did a fast search on Amazon and Google but did not find an app that could do that. (I did see some that deal with Blank Widgets but I don't think that is what I'm looking for).
    12-19-2014 05:51 PM
    Recently, folks have developed apps for my Blackberry phone that allows one to add/create BLANK ICONS. They can be moved around the home screen to create permanent spacing between icons that way some apps can kind of stand out from the others as they are separated by spaces. I just did a fast search on Amazon and Google but did not find an app that could do that. (I did see some that deal with Blank Widgets but I don't think that is what I'm looking for).
    why not use Nova Launcher?
    12-19-2014 06:06 PM
    Recently, folks have developed apps for my Blackberry phone that allows one to add/create BLANK ICONS. They can be moved around the home screen to create permanent spacing between icons that way some apps can kind of stand out from the others as they are separated by spaces.
    In Android, you just put the icons where you want them on the homescreen. If you want them separated by blank space, just put them in the middle of some blank space.

I have a couple of home page screens that have a few icons in one row, then a couple of blank rows, then another few icons. You can't do that in a BB without blank icons?
    12-19-2014 06:09 PM
    In Android, you just put the icons where you want them on the homescreen. If you want them separated by blank space, just put them in the middle of some blank space.

I have a couple of home page screens that have a few icons in one row, then a couple of blank rows, then another few icons. You can't do that in a BB without blank icons?
    Not currently. Hey F2 you can just drop the apps anywhere you want on the home pages. But not in the app drawer.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-19-2014 06:46 PM
    Not currently. Hey F2 you can just drop the apps anywhere you want on the home pages. But not in the app drawer.

Posted via the Android Central App
    I think I need some definitions. What are the HOME PAGES? And what is the App Drawer. I guess I'm talking about the "pages" where all of my icons/apps are located and not the pages with Widgets. I guess maybe I don't use the Tablet (Samsung Tab S) efficiently. I tend to use the various pages with ALL of the apps. I guess I was trying to move items around and create gaps as I said, to isolate or help some of them standout more.

Maybe I need to reorg the various Widget pages and rely on that more????

And THANKS EVERYONE for the replies.
    12-20-2014 12:07 AM
    I think I need some definitions. What are the HOME PAGES? And what is the App Drawer. I guess I'm talking about the "pages" where all of my icons/apps are located and not the pages with Widgets. I guess maybe I don't use the Tablet (Samsung Tab S) efficiently. I tend to use the various pages with ALL of the apps. I guess I was trying to move items around and create gaps as I said, to isolate or help some of them standout more.

Maybe I need to reorg the various Widget pages and rely on that more????

And THANKS EVERYONE for the replies.
    I think that is the usual route for android users. I'm a long time BB user but I've had my nexus 5 for a few months now and that is what I do.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-20-2014 01:07 PM