Google Inbox Services Question

LinuxWeather

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know what Inbox UploadService is doing in the background? It seems to always be running and taking up a relative chunk of RAM compared to other services. I'm not concerned about that, but when I force stop it and open inbox I get an alert in inbox saying "Image xxxx failed to upload" and I've no idea what or why it would upload a random image.

There's nothing in settings to auto backup to drive attachments etc, is it doing this in the background regardless?

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know what Inbox UploadService is doing in the background? It seems to always be running and taking up a relative chunk of RAM compared to other services. I'm not concerned about that, but when I force stop it and open inbox I get an alert in inbox saying "Image xxxx failed to upload" and I've no idea what or why it would upload a random image.

There's nothing in settings to auto backup to drive attachments etc, is it doing this in the background regardless?

Posted via the Android Central App
It probably has something to do with the syncing aspect of the service. As mentioned in the post, you should be worried about it and the RAM usage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12