Best app for Exchange Office 365 Mail Access

EoN604

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I tried syncing my Xperia Z3 phone's native Mail up with my works Office 365 Exchange server but I got a prompt about Adminitrator wanting full control over my entire phone and all my data. Naturally I immediately deleted that account in disgust.

I'm wondering, as an alternative, are there any apps I can use to access my Exchange Mail/Calendar/Data and just access it through that passively, instead of it controlling my entire phone? I tried "OWA for Android Pre-Release" but it's giving me some message "We found your settings, but couldn't connect to the server because it was temporarily unavailable".

I noticed there are some other apps that claim to be able to connect. Any suggestions/recommendations?

Calendar access would be nice too - but email is the main thing I'm after.

Cheers.

Last edited:

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Best app for Exchange Office 365 Mail Acess

Hi I use office 365 as well and Aquamail. I saw the permissions and reacted the same was as you. I checked with my It department and they said several people have 365 on their phones, it can't be added using any program without those permissions. I have had it a out a month now and no problems.

Posted via the Android Central App

EoN604

May 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Best app for Exchange Office 365 Mail Acess

Hmm I was worried about that.

But given that there's web based access to the mail etc, I was thinking surely there must be an app that can at least just frame or 'appify' the actual web app.

Even if its just reading email, but never getting any push notification etc? Is there no app that can do that without the 'full big brother control'?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance