To be clear, I am new to this forum and I am not so familiar with the forum rules, so if following post is placed at the wrong place, please let me know and I will immediately delete it. Please do not ban my account for no reason. That hurts. Thanks. PS: I have posted the same question in XDA forum, but no response, so I turned to androidcentral for help.

Hi, I have an idea of creating an utility app, which will embed some game or entertainment elements. I have searched some information and found there right now has not existed such kind of apps, so I am not sure whether I am in the right direction.

Here are some details about my idea. The utility app that I want to create may puts its focus on solving battery overheat issue (by killing tasks or something). But different from other related apps, I would like to visualize the cooling process with some characters (say cartoon images). Anyway, I want to change the serious UI design, boring practical functions that most utility apps have had to something fun, interesting and relaxing.

But as I just step in the mobile application area, so I am quite concern whether this kind of apps will be accepted by users.

Any comment, suggestion or even criticism is welcomed.
    12-24-2014 12:23 AM
    Here are some details about my idea. The utility app that I want to create may puts its focus on solving battery overheat issue (by killing tasks or something).
    Bad idea right there. You don't kill apps in Android, you let Android kill the apps it needs to kill. RAM should be as full as possible at all times. To cool the battery you slow the CPU - which doesn't work on all kernels.

But different from other related apps, I would like to visualize the cooling process with some characters (say cartoon images). Anyway, I want to change the serious UI design, boring practical functions that most utility apps have had to something fun, interesting and relaxing.
    Some users would think an app like that is great. Others would take one look at it and uninstall it.
    12-24-2014 12:35 AM
    Thanks for replying. Yes, you are right, to some degree. But I hope to take a twist to traditional utility app. Any suggestion for me if I insist to carry on with this plan? I did not hope it will be popular, but I do not want it is be ignored by most people.
    12-24-2014 01:49 AM