IM Plus Pro vs ebuddy vs nimbuzz

Shaner

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
I am thinking of purchasing IM+ Pro. I have tried ebuddy, Nimbuzz and IMO.IM. ebuddy Killed my battery, Nimbuzz disconnected too much and IMO just stopped working. I am running IM+ free version (with the ads) and so far I really like the UI BUT it mentions that it shuts off the battery saver sleep option. I am running 2.2 on an HTC Desire. Does anyone have any input with this program and weather or not is kills battery life like ebuddy? Any other options I am unaware of?

Thanks in advance.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
My experience with Numbuzz was that it drained battery, with IM+ that the emoticons were too small to distinguish between them.. and with ebuddy that I can't change my user icon.

I had to choose the one that caused fewer issues.. and that was ebuddy. also has a battery saving mode, so sometimes messages come in late when the phone's been asleep for a while (they say up to 15 minutes late), so that's acceptable.

I'll check trillian out.. never used it on PCs since I'm always using Linux or Mac OS X, so no trillian for me.

Patrix.

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Alright so far so good, put me down for a +1 on Trillian for Android.

First IM client I've used that doesn't log me out of MSN when I log on both my Mac and my 'droid. Finally geez.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Alright so far so good, put me down for a +1 on Trillian for Android.

First IM client I've used that doesn't log me out of MSN when I log on both my Mac and my 'droid. Finally geez.

I second this.... hooked up my trillian account the other day and I freaking love it.

vit_

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
A new version of IM+: Instant Messaging for Android!

Hi everyone,

We're happy to introduce you IM+ for Android 3.3 version!

In this new version:

• Smoother UI graphics
  • MSN and Skype group chats
  • Swipe-switching between chats
  • Login with several accounts for one IM service
  • Geo-status and Geo-location sending
  • Chat or history sending by email
  • Many bugfixes and performance improvements!

You can grab the free IM+ or buy the IM+ Pro version at our website

or you can also visit www.shapeservices.com or Android Market and download the app from your smartphone.

Here are some screenshots:

scr_andr_1.png

scr_andr_2.png

Leave your comments about battery life, new look and features of IM+ or IM+ Pro!
We appreciate any feedback, it's really important to us to know your thoughts and wishes on our app. On December 11-th we'll randomly reward many of those who left feedbacks :)

Thanks guys, hope you will enjoy this version,
Vitaly
PR Manager,
SHAPE Services

Last edited:

vit_

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
My experience with Numbuzz was that it drained battery, with IM+ that the emoticons were too small to distinguish between them.. and with ebuddy that I can't change my user icon.

I had to choose the one that caused fewer issues.. and that was ebuddy. also has a battery saving mode, so sometimes messages come in late when the phone's been asleep for a while (they say up to 15 minutes late), so that's acceptable.

I'll check trillian out.. never used it on PCs since I'm always using Linux or Mac OS X, so no trillian for me.

Patrix.

We redesigned IM+'s UI as well as added many new features like Skype and MSN group chat since then.

This is how easy it is to arrange:

1. Choose your MSN or Skype contact, and then open 'Settings' and choose 'More'

scr_andr_3.png

2. Choose 'Invite to group chat'

scr_andr_4.png

3. Choose buddies you would like to invite

scr_andr_5.png

4. Enjoy!

scr_andr_6.png

Download the new free 3.3 version at www.shapeservices.com
And stay tuned for the updates, version 3.4 with full Galaxy Tab support is coming in 1-2 weeks.

vit_

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
IM+/IM+ Pro 3.4 for Android smartphones and tablets

Hey there guys,

As I promised, IM+/IM+ Pro 3.4 is out now!
And here is what it brings to us:

• Performance boost
  • UI and usability improvements
  • Optimization for Android tablets
  • Returned pop-up alerts about new messages
  • Active chats close up through long-press menu
  • Many bugfixes
Who's already got it, please feel free to update it, and who's not yet - you can grab the free IM+ or buy IM+ Pro version at our website

or you can also visit www.shapeservices.com or Android Market from your smartphone or tablet and download the app over-the-air.

Thanks guys, hope you will enjoy this version,
Vitaly
PR Manager,
SHAPE Services