What is the best way to hide settings (getting first phone for a kid)?

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Best way to hide settings (getting first phone for a kid)

Is there some app to manage the phone? Or perhaps there's a way to do this without 3rd party apps?
Basically we got our daughter her first phone ever 2014 MX and just in case I'd like to lock it down as much as i can. I don't mind her using apps and obviously calling but I did set a limit on data and in general i don't want her any any of her friends to potentially screw with settings.

Thanks!
Oh yea, running Lollipop

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Best way to hide settings (getting first phone for a kid)

As I understand it (I'm still running 4.4.2 for certain reasons), there's a "parental mode" in Lollipop. Just set Settings as one of the apps the person using the child mode can't access.

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

No matter what you do, kids will find a way around it. Fact of life.

AC App on SGS3

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

As I understand it (I'm still running 4.4.2 for certain reasons), there's a "parental mode" in Lollipop. Just set Settings as one of the apps the person using the child mode can't access.

I just googled it and from what I saw it looks like that's actually one feature Lollipop is missing. Man, they were so close with the Guest mode but this is really not what I'm looking for. Unfortunately there are so many shady "parental" apps in the play store that I don't know where to start

tr-1

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site

No matter what you do, kids will find a way around it. Fact of life.

AC App on SGS3

Agreed.... If she really wanted to get around it she'd probably do it but I know she won't have patience LOL. It's kinda like a steering wheel lock on a car.
After doing a little research I think all I need is an app lock app but I need good references since the store is filled with junk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12