Are there any Android App Development Tutorials online?

Aarictue

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
When I started developing websites it was easy enough. If I had an idea, I could search the web and find a tutorial on something similar to what I was trying to accomplish. I had NO prior PHP / mySQL knowledge but wanted to create a form that MMA fighters interested in competing could fill out to register to compete in events. Their info (name, weight, stats, pic) would then be saved in to a database. I was able to find tutorials and create what I wanted to make fairly easy. Now I am really interested in app development but can't seem to find the resources out there for learning. Does anyone know of online tutorials that walk you through making sample applications?

Ultimately I'd like to make an app for a friend whose family has their own taxi service. People could use the app to call his cab and share their location so he would know where to pick them up and share their destination so he would know where to take them. There is more to it than that but that is a quick rundown. This of course sounds complicated but I can't even find tutorials for creating simple apps.

Another app I want to create is for a friends Mixed Martial Arts promotion out of Vegas. I would like the app to display the fight lineup for their next upcoming event and be a contest that allows the viewers to pick who they think is going to win each fight. Pretty much vote for who they think will win. I'd like the users picks to be saved and the person who picks all of the correct winners would then win a prize.

I have other ideas too but just don't know where or how to get started. I've been to Barnes and Noble and seen SEVERAL books on app development but 1. most of the books have bad reviews and 2. If at all possible I'd prefer learn via online tutorials rather than books. I just learn better and absorb information better if it is presented as examples in front of me rather than words in a books.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Also, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays All!

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I've had the same interest as you. Someday, I would like to write something. Something simple would make me happy.