How do I STOP Play Music from adding files from device to library?

RezaF

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi!
I have about 25 GB of music and audio files on my external SD card in my SGS 5 mini. They all show in my Google Play Music library, which means now I can see artists such as "UI", "Music", "Audio" or "extSDcard" and a lot of other unwanted stuff.

I don't know how to remove them. The menu by the song/artist/album doesn't include the option "delete". I am willing to wipe my entire library and only re-add stuff I want to see but I don't want the app to scan my phone and add my files at will.
If anyone has any good advice I would be much obliged.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi!
I have about 25 GB of music and audio files on my external SD card in my SGS 5 mini. They all show in my Google Play Music library, which means now I can see artists such as "UI", "Music", "Audio" or "extSDcard" and a lot of other unwanted stuff.

I don't know how to remove them. The menu by the song/artist/album doesn't include the option "delete". I am willing to wipe my entire library and only re-add stuff I want to see but I don't want the app to scan my phone and add my files at will.
If anyone has any good advice I would be much obliged.
Open the Google Music app and see if there is anything that will allow you to disable the locations in which the app can search for music. It should also let you disable searching for music on the sd card.

RezaF

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
That's pretty much what I was asking about - unfortunately, I can't find that something. The app doesn't let me set locations for searching for music/scanning, nor does it ask about scanning at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37