Why is my Google Maps acting up on my Galaxy s4?

kaybee947

Dec 31, 2014
Visit site
Google maps issues on Galaxy s4

I was using Google maps pretty frequently with no issues until recently. Then it started acting up. The issues are:
-Maps finds the location and loads the directions, but as soon as I go to start the route it loses the location. This isn't a problem with my GPS because it works fine with all of my other apps that use it, such as weather apps. I have also downloaded GPS Status and Toolbox from the Play store and it hasn't helped.
-IF it finds the gps signal, which it rarely does, it won't give me warning on the turn by turn voice navigation. It says to take the turn as I get to it, but won't give me a "turn left in .25 miles" or anything like that.

I've cleared the cache, cleared the data, and uninstalled the updates and I still have this issue. It's really a problem for me because I almost got stranded in another state last week when it decided to crash. If anyone has any help, it'd be much appreciated!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Google maps issues on Galaxy s4

Application manager. Go to Maps. Uninstall the update. They've "improved" it again. (I think the next improvement is in case you're offline, you don't have to download any maps - because all it will show is a blank screen and a dot for where you are on it, whether you're on line or not. The one after that will be version 6 - but for $25, for those who don't back up older versions.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze