First of all, I know one can replace the dialer app and there are many options available for it.
    But is it possible to replace the stock phone app? Is there any calling app that uses the normal cellular network to make calls apart from the stock android app?

The reason why I am asking this is because I am having problems with talking on handset on my Nexus 5 since I update to Lollipop. And I figured that if I replace the phone app, this problem could be solved as my calls on Skype and Hangout are normal which proves that the microphone is fine and the problem lies in the software.
    01-02-2015 06:42 PM
    1) I don't think so. The question has been asked before and no one here has come up with a way of doing it. (Someone on XDA Forums may have - some of those devs know the phones better than the engineers who designed them. Or maybe they ARE the engineers who designed them.)

2) If it was an over the air update from your carrier, it's warrantied by the carrier (since they put it on your phone). Bring the phone in to them and ask them to please fix the problem. (I don't know where you are, but in the US a phone owner can sue a carrier for refusing to fix what an update broke. And a good carrier will just replace the phone, return it to the manufacturer for full credit and let the manufacturer worry about it.)
    01-02-2015 06:49 PM