I haven't seen anything posted on this app in a while, but does anyone still use this on a daily basis? I've had the subscription for 4 years but just started listening on the internet today.

How is the android app? My main concern is that its a battery hog. How fast does the app crush the battery? Is ESPN still not on the android version? Any other negatives about the app? Thanks for the help!
    12-10-2010 07:50 AM
    This belongs in the App forum because it is not specific to the EVO. Anyway, ESPN Radio is on the app and Howard Stern just announced yesterday that he is coming to the app soon as well.

The battery drain seems to be no different than other streaming audio apps that I use like MLB, Pandora or Xiia Live. Unless you are into specific Sirius/XM content Like Howard, Oprah, Rosie, etc, then it is no better or worse than other contentless music streamers.
    cpolism likes this.
    12-10-2010 08:07 AM
    This belongs in the App forum because it is not specific to the EVO. Anyway, ESPN Radio is on the app and Howard Stern just announced yesterday that he is coming to the app soon as well.

The battery drain seems to be no different than other streaming audio apps that I use like MLB, Pandora or Xiia Live. Unless you are into specific Sirius/XM content Like Howard, Oprah, Rosie, etc, then it is no better or worse than other contentless music streamers.
    Yeah good point I should have posted it there. I just always resort to posting in the Evo forum since I am constantly on here. The battery question was geared more towards the Evo since thats my device. I will head over there next time. The only stations I listen to outside of my car is Howard and ESPN rivals radio. That's about it. Thanks for the help
    12-10-2010 08:10 AM
    We know that Howard is finally coming to the app. Generally speaking, I don't see the battery life on my evo impacted to any degree more than Pandora or Tune In Radio. Sound quality is really nice. Once Stern shows up on the app I'll most likely stop using my satellite device and plug the phone straight in when I'm at home. I'm a lifetime Sirius subscriber but the extra $2.99 per month is worth every penny.
    12-10-2010 09:02 AM
    What is the name of this app?

Sent using taptalk.
    12-10-2010 09:11 AM
    What is the name of this app?

Sent using taptalk.
    It's not in the market (as far as I know). I believe you have to go Sirius XM here to download.
    zmann likes this.
    12-10-2010 09:30 AM
    I haven't seen anything posted on this app in a while, but does anyone still use this on a daily basis? I've had the subscription for 4 years but just started listening on the internet today.

How is the android app? My main concern is that its a battery hog. How fast does the app crush the battery? Is ESPN still not on the android version? Any other negatives about the app? Thanks for the help!
    As stated by others, the sound quality is pretty solid, the interface is so-so, not great. I have a car receiver for Sirius also and it's much easier to get through the channel list. The app is more or less a big channel list that you can filter by category, but you can save favorite channels. It would be nice to have some sort of "car mode" in the app.
    12-10-2010 09:32 AM
    I used your link,hit download app,then what.i can not find the app.forgive my stupidity.what next?

Sent using taptalk.
    12-10-2010 09:49 AM
    I'm a lifetime subscriber as well, but had no idea we had to fork out the 2.99 per month for it. I talked to the guy at sirius on the phone just a bit ago and he said I'd be good to go for the andriod app. Only 2.99 seems worth it if the service really is clear and crisp.
    12-10-2010 09:50 AM
    I had to change my settings to allow app from outside of catalog to download.i figured it out.thanks.

Sent using taptalk.
    12-10-2010 09:52 AM
    i use it... i needed to go to the mainwebsite via mobile browser and download it that way... then call sirius and subscribe to sirius internet premium which gives everything but howard stern.

the connection is pretty good and changes from 32b to 128b automatically in good connection, and works with bluetooth controllers
    12-10-2010 01:11 PM
    I use it as well. I intended to drop Sirius but they got to my checking account too quickly. I'm now renewed for a year so I can at least look forward to using it more when Howard comes on... I've found plenty of streaming music for free w/o it on a regular basis
    12-10-2010 01:18 PM
    Yeah good point I should have posted it there. I just always resort to posting in the Evo forum since I am constantly on here. The battery question was geared more towards the Evo since thats my device. I will head over there next time. The only stations I listen to outside of my car is Howard and ESPN rivals radio. That's about it. Thanks for the help
    No worries at all. Just saying that I am sure plenty of people would be curious about this subject now as well and the App forum would inform a larger audience.

I have never thought about the app before because Howard wasn't on it. I already have the ESPN app so the Sirius/XM one had nothing that I couldn't find elsewhere. $2.99 is well worth it to be able to listen to him when I am in the wife's car or in a rental for work.
    12-11-2010 12:13 PM
    Anyone have problems with the app? The sound cuts out frequently when I use it. It won't show a loading image or anything like that and looks like it should be playing fine. If I switch channels and go back to the one that sticks, it'll play, or if I let it sit, it'll eventually kick back in as if it were buffering, should it be buffering that much on a solid wifi connection? Occasionally it'll get stuck in a loop where it'll keep repeating the same minute or two of playback. I still use it pretty regularly, but it frustrates the hell out of me to use the app.
    12-11-2010 02:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD