Why does my Nexus 5 Hangouts app keep signing into Gchat?

krisharmas

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Nexus 5 Hangouts app keeps signing in to gchat

I do not want to be signed into gchat all the time so I keep it signed off in hangouts. I still use the hangouts app to send/receive texts. My hangouts app will sign into my gchat on its own and I will start receiving messages from people, when I would rather have it remain signed out. Anyone know a cause/solution? Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Hangouts app keeps signing in to gchat

Welcome to Android Central! When you say Gchat, do you mean the actual Hangouts function (as opposed to SMS/MMS going through Hangouts)?

VelvetVisions

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Having the same exact issue, in fact I'm looking for another texting app that uses Wifi, it's driving me crazy that it keeps logging in. This never used to be an issue. I have an LG G2, so it's not just the Nexus. :mad:

VelvetVisions

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Re: Nexus 5 Hangouts app keeps signing in to gchat

B. Diddy.....I use hangouts for texting because it allows a Wifi connection. This works well when I'm in our family room in the basement since my cell service stinks in that location. I don't want to use the hangouts IM app on my phone, so I logout and just use it for the SMS\MMS function. This used to work perfectly, but now it just keeps logging in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz