Spotify is out - search it on the Market

Note you need a Premium account to use it though
    09-07-2009 08:51 AM
    Sadly, this is not available here in the US.
    09-22-2009 02:57 PM
    You guys get to use Pandora, which we don't (and Rhapsody?)

Dave
    09-22-2009 03:02 PM
    You guys get to use Pandora, which we don't (and Rhapsody?)

Dave
    Correct. But what makes Spotify intriguing to me, at least the iPhone version, is the ability to make playlists for on the go with no data signal required.
    09-22-2009 03:15 PM
    The same feature exists for Android.

I've yet to try it as I'm not a paid subscriber.

A lot of people may now have moved completely away from physical media when buying music, so a 10/month Spotify subscription is worth it. I still enjoy buying and listening to CDs though - I have very good CD player, amp and speakers/headphones and I'm not about to move from that to listening purely to music from my PC and phone so I'd rather use the tenner to buy an actual disc after auditioning the tracks through the Spotify PC client.

D
    09-22-2009 03:34 PM
    The same feature exists for Android.

I've yet to try it as I'm not a paid subscriber.

A lot of people may now have moved completely away from physical media when buying music, so a 10/month Spotify subscription is worth it. I still enjoy buying and listening to CDs though - I have very good CD player, amp and speakers/headphones and I'm not about to move from that to listening purely to music from my PC and phone so I'd rather use the tenner to buy an actual disc after auditioning the tracks through the Spotify PC client.

D
    I've made the jump to all things digital the past few years. Just more convenient for me. Only physical media that I have is Blu-Ray discs. That's about it.
    09-22-2009 03:52 PM
    Completely opposite for me :-)

I buy CDs, but no longer buy any DVDs / Blu-Ray - have recently signed up for Lovefilm, which is a postal rental service so I still get the discs but once I've watched then I send them back.

D
    09-22-2009 04:25 PM
    That's ok, we can still get along. Now if October 11th would get here so I can pick up my Hero.
    09-22-2009 06:25 PM
    Well if Spotify is able to play songs offline, isn't it a matter of time before you can gain access to the local copy?
    09-23-2009 01:14 PM
    this is not available here in the US.

-
    09-28-2009 11:14 PM
    Hey everyone, a friend in the UK is letting me split the premium membership with her. I was wondering if it is possible to install the Spotify Android application in the US? I know on the iphone, the Spotify app doesn't work on a USA phone due to region settings. If you could let me know, that would be great.... Spotify is one of the reasons I really want to get an Android phone. Let me know, thanks so much!
    10-11-2009 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD