SnapperMail (Email) Replacement

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I'm not happy with the standard e-mail application on my Droid. It lacks a lot of basic functionality.

I used SnapperMail on all of my 5 Palm phones and loved it. Is there a comparable replacement email program for Android?

Features that I miss include:

• Delete off the server (for Pop) It allowed for Junk, delete off handheld & server, delete off just the server & leave on the handheld
  • Select All. Android makes you select one at a time. Very annoying for large mailboxes
  • Empty Deleted Folder. Android moves deleted files to the deleted folder, but you cannot purge them. You must select one at a time to delete in bulk.
  • Send/Receive Timing. Android lets you set intervals but it runs all the time. SnapperMail would let one choose the time of day for send/recieve to operate (say between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m.). I dislike having to turn the ringer off every night so as to be awakened by e-mail notices.

Bottomline, SnapperMail had more functionality than even Outlook for handling Pop Email. Droid has even less.

Hardcase

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Quick update. I'm using K-9. It is nice, but has a few problems. It is not as robust as SnapperMail was on Palm (such as scheduling updates). It also is not recognizing commands in my IMAP accounts. It syncs fine from the server, but does not delete or mark as read e-mails from the phone to the server.

AndroidC_Dude

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm also looking for a better email client for POP/IMAP. K-9 has bugs/issues (regularly shows a whole bunch of emails as Unknown (subject, sender, etc) and has blank content. It also marks everything as read on the server as soon as it downloads it.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm not happy with the standard e-mail application on my Droid. It lacks a lot of basic functionality.

I used SnapperMail on all of my 5 Palm phones and loved it. Is there a comparable replacement email program for Android?

Features that I miss include:

• Delete off the server (for Pop) It allowed for Junk, delete off handheld & server, delete off just the server & leave on the handheld
  • Select All. Android makes you select one at a time. Very annoying for large mailboxes
  • Empty Deleted Folder. Android moves deleted files to the deleted folder, but you cannot purge them. You must select one at a time to delete in bulk.
  • Send/Receive Timing. Android lets you set intervals but it runs all the time. SnapperMail would let one choose the time of day for send/recieve to operate (say between 7 a.m. and 9 p.m.). I dislike having to turn the ringer off every night so as to be awakened by e-mail notices.

Bottomline, SnapperMail had more functionality than even Outlook for handling Pop Email. Droid has even less.

You can try MailDroid (there is a whole post about it vs k9), but I can answer some of the above:

1. Delete in MailDroid for POP and IMAP is at this time both. I have been working on the exact feature set you are talking about (delete from phone only, server only, both), but it is not available yet.

2. I let you select in batch, but not select all. I have a feature in the works (tied to the same release as above) that would allow you to specify a date range (so delete from date X to date X) which is close to a select all.

3. I think I do this correctly

4. I have a rules function, take a look.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I'm looking for a clone of the HTC incredible mail set up. Anything like that? K9 is a clone of stock android