I don't particularly like this new update that looks lollipop ish with its launcher with that white background in almost everything .

Is there any way to change it or I'm stuck with it ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    01-14-2015 05:04 AM
    I quite like it and sadly you are stuck with it. There are plenty of other launchers out there that can accommodate your needs though. Nova allows you to change the colour and transparency of the white background in the app drawer.
    01-14-2015 06:55 AM
    I quite like it and sadly you are stuck with it. There are plenty of other launchers out there that can accommodate your needs though. Nova allows you to change the colour and transparency of the white background in the app drawer.
    I hate Nova and rather use touchwiz which I'm fine with. Used to the bigger icons of Google now launcher. Guess I'll just stick with it I guess.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    01-14-2015 07:02 AM
    I hate Nova and rather use touchwiz which I'm fine with. Used to the bigger icons of Google now launcher. Guess I'll just stick with it I guess.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    Touchwiz is the reason I've not tried a new launcher yet - so far I love it. Much better than the version on the s5 running Kitkat.
    01-14-2015 07:11 AM
    You could download the APK of the old version from the internet. I believe you'll need to downgrade Google Search as well.Google Now Launcher 1.1.1.1499465 APK Download - APKMirror
    01-14-2015 07:37 AM
    Yeah it was the update to the Google App that changed the launcher, not the launcher update itself.
    01-14-2015 07:42 AM
    This update caused my wife to meltdown like I'd never seen before! The white search bar obstructed an element of her wallpaper and she hates the white app drawer. You should have seen the texts I got!

Being a rather new convert to Android, she was incensed these changes weren't customizable.

But the worst part was the initial update wiped her home screen settings and re-enabled a bunch of AT&T apps. It was like starting with a new phone and she wasn't pleased. Honestly, I think the update was handled poorly, what with the mandatory changes and all.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-14-2015 07:52 AM
    Your wife has every reason to be outraged. And now, you must avenge her pain.
    01-17-2015 10:39 PM