Looking for a good app to organise Info pdf,gmaps, txt, links, pics, to do list etc into one

LinnetLioness

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I am looking for a good app where I can collect and sort Info from different sources in one place
I need to use pdf, txt, doc, emails, pics, to do lists and links, contacts (possible fb business pages and dates) and sort this all to have all info at hand that I can check offline
for abour 20 different topics/events/dates in a row.
Is there anything like that ?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It's called a database. Either find one you can use on the Play Store or learn enough SQL (there are only 4 basic commands you need plus a few modifiers) and install a SQLite database manager that lets you create new databases and lets you enter SQL commands directly. Then you can get a list of, say, a show, between February 1 and February 7, that you have tickets for, and that you're going to with Bob. (Or whatever your search criteria are.) Any shows that meet those criteria that you've entered into the database will come up.

One app that can gather all that infoprmation from all those different file types and allow you a single search on all of them at once? No. It could be done, but it would be very specialized - something only you would be using - so either you'd have to become an app developer (and get a lot of experience) or you'd have to pay someone a lot of money to develop it for you. (An app that 500,000 people buy at a net to the developer of one dollar is half a million dollars income. An app that only one person buys? You do the math.)

LinnetLioness

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I do not need database search as an ability
I need a place to combine info pulled from Googlemaps, from fb-business and event pages, from pdf and doc/text and all -
For an example I am working in place a for a night, I need to have a central file with contact data with the people at the place I work at, with the schedule for the night, with pdfs with my and their requirements, with a digital version of my contract, with exchange rates because a is in a different country, with google map info on places to eat, to buy groceries, to buy equipment or repair tools in case of breakage on the way, with a googlemap of possible parking, route to and from the job, with packing list and check list for the job
Then I need the same for the next night
Springpad was the closest I've gotten to it, closer than evernote and it wasn't quite there and is gone

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Springpad was the closest I've gotten to it, closer than evernote and it wasn't quite there and is gone
Because there's very little need for an app like that, so a company running databases to maintain all that data (that's what they were doing) can't earn enough money to meet expenses. As I said, if you need a specialized app, you need a developer to write it for you. What you need sounds like something that either needs a lot of computing power in the cloud (read: and money to support it) or something that would barely run as a standalone app on one of the current flagship phones - with nothing else running. (I've written medical practice software that needs fewer resources than your needs.)

About the only thing I can suggest is learning to run a few apps at once in a multitasking phone - so you have 4 or 5 windows open and you can expand the one you need at the moment. Or learning how to long-press the home button and switch between apps running in the background. You're probably not going to see another Springboard-type app for a while. (Once someone loses money on a concept, VCs tend to walk away from proposals for similar operations.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance