So my the email app that come preloaded on the Droid Maxx has worked great for the past year I've had the phone. Now for the past 2 weeks it wont load any emails. I've deleted the account and re added it cleared cache etc.

I would post a screen cap but appearntly I need 10 posts
    01-21-2015 05:42 PM
    Have you set the POP3/SMTP for your mailbox properly? Is it possible that your mailbox had disabled POP method?
    01-21-2015 09:46 PM
    What is your email host? GMail? Outlook/Hotmail?

Those have dedicated apps, so I would try and see if those work as well. The GMail app in particular now has support for several services. Using that to handle a few of my email accounts.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2
    01-21-2015 10:03 PM
    How do I enable the POP? I've never heard of this setting and I'm pretty good when it comes to phones, but Im not an expert.

Also I use gmail and yahoo. I'd rather not run independent apps because I dont like using unneeded space, with the preloaded app I can go back and fourth very easily plus ive become very accustomed to it. Lately I've been running both in chrome, which is a bit aggravating
    01-24-2015 12:50 AM
    How do I enable the POP? I've never heard of this setting and I'm pretty good when it comes to phones, but Im not an expert.

Also I use gmail and yahoo. I'd rather not run independent apps because I dont like using unneeded space, with the preloaded app I can go back and fourth very easily plus ive become very accustomed to it. Lately I've been running both in chrome, which is a bit aggravating
    The POP/IMAP stuff is quite complicated. I think it's just a lot simpler to use something else. The Droid Maxx has the G-Mail app (different to the E-Mail app) already installed, so you aren't using any additional space. It can use both your G-Mail (obviously) and Yahoo accounts, and switching between them is as simple as swiping in from the left of your screen and tapping on the second e-mail listed
    01-24-2015 01:48 AM
    Thank you very much.

I would have no problem looking more into the pop settings if you have the time. Like I said not an expert but pretty technology inclined, it won't scare me away

Never even noticd the gmail app, added my yahoo account and everything is working fine. I can deal with it for the time being lol.
    01-25-2015 11:47 PM