App With Robocall Deflection and Real Person Verification?

A-Train

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I recently read an article online from a news website about many individuals employing systems that verify that a person is real before the call is transferred to the intended recipient. From the article I saw this, "...only lets callers through if they press 1 -- something a "robocaller" can't do."

I've spent about an hour looking through the marketplace for such a system and I must not be searching the right keywords because I'm not coming up with what I want. Is there not an app out there that does this - answers the caller, asks them to press 1 to continue, then hang up if they don't? And if they do press 1 and nobody answers, have it go to voicemail or have it record a message onto the phone?

There's got to be an app like that on the market. What am I doing wrong?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I recently read an article online from a news website about many individuals employing systems that verify that a person is real before the call is transferred to the intended recipient. From the article I saw this, "...only lets callers through if they press 1 -- something a "robocaller" can't do."

I've spent about an hour looking through the marketplace for such a system and I must not be searching the right keywords because I'm not coming up with what I want. Is there not an app out there that does this - answers the caller, asks them to press 1 to continue, then hang up if they don't? And if they do press 1 and nobody answers, have it go to voicemail or have it record a message onto the phone?

There's got to be an app like that on the market. What am I doing wrong?
I've gone through the Play Store and did a quick search online to no avail. Where did you read this article?

A-Train

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
10tv/content/stories/2015/01/20/consumer-10-tips-how-to-stop-unwanted-robocalls-from-telemarketers.html

That's a dot com by the way.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674