Cloning Facebook APK for use with multiple accounts?

DeusDexMachina

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Greetings, all!

I would like to preface my question the way I always do when posting here: I am a fairly recently blind individual, and my visual aid software does NOT "play nice" with the Tapatalk Forum search feature at ALL; due to this, sometimes I don't catch previously asked questions, though I do my best to check for them.

All that aside, I have a question that has been plaguing me for quite some time. I am what I would consider to be an intermediate(ish) Android user. I am dipping my toes into the pool of app modification and scripting, but I am afraid this is beyond my knowledge.

I am currently using a rooted "vanilla" Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920T), running 5.1.1. I am expecting a barrage of "why?" and "what for?" comments, but I use two separate Facebook accounts. I am a part of a rather...underground subculture, and I prefer to keep that part of my identity separate. Due to this fact -- as well as my needs as a blind individual -- the usual suspects: browser windows, Seesmic, SocialCamp, Friendster, etc., do not work with my visual impairment modifications on my device. I have done extensive research on the subject and thus, I am searching desperately for assistance in cloning the Facebook app itself. I am thinking of cloning the Facebook APK file manually in order to run my two separate accounts. I know there are other apps that are frequently cloned, such as Instagram or WhatsApp, where the general consensus is to use the "APK Editor" app, but I am concerned about the implications that would have on future app updates and the app's signature and integration with normal Facebook features and other apps that connect to Facebook.

I have combed the web exhaustively in order to glean whatever info I could on this subject, but there is literally almost NOTHING regarding the Facebook app specifically. I do not wish to clone the app for sharing or to build upon it for a "new and improved" app of my own devise -- I simply wish to modify this for my own personal use ONLY.

I really appreciate any and all tips, hints, and shared knowledge in general that this community so generously provides. I will try whatever it takes! Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Clone scripts are the best option to build your apps. Because its reduces your time and cost.
You no need to write the source code from the scratch. Now its easy to get mobile app to any kind of business service by clone scripts.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000