04-15-2011 08:15 AM
160 1234 ...
tools
    I understand what push is, but if you notice when you disable the refresh, it greys the other options out, hence my question.
    Yeah I haven't tried it with it set on manual but if the push is working as it should it shouldn't matter. I may have to try and find out. I've only experimented so far with 4 phones on push with comments, likes, wall posts, messages, chat, friend request, and so forth. Comments, wall post and likes do not push and even the other stuff that is supposed to push I get email notification faster then the push so it still isn't up to par. Granted even push is not gonna be completely immediate there will be some pause but this update isn't what it's cracked up to be. It's getting there just not there yet.

I mean I don't live my life by Facebook but when I post something and I know people are commenting I would like to get them pushed. It would be nice. Even if I don't check them right away I know they are there.
    12-14-2010 08:28 PM
    Your also not getting notifications for comments, wall posts or likes. What you have checked there is what you will get push notifications for. You will also get them for chat. I have 4 people testing it on 4 different Android phones. None of them are getting them for the particular notifications I just named. So unless you got some super powers or all 4 phones are possessed you aren't getting those notifications via Facebook for Android.
    Mikey, i dont think i can be of any help to you. but yeah, i am getting the notifications i speak of.
    12-14-2010 08:47 PM
    holy battery usage batman!
    acedanger likes this.
    12-14-2010 09:19 PM
    Ok, I have an Evo and I don't get any notifications for comments or wall posts either. I expected them to show up just like messages and friend requests, but I don't get any of that, I have to go into the Facebook app to see them. One thing is better now though, I used to only get the first comment after a commented I may have made some place, all subsequent ones didn't show up, and they do now. Also, with chat, while I get the small notification icon, I don't get any sound at all, is that normal? What's the point of it telling me someone just responded in the chat if I can't hear it?

Still needs more work!
    12-14-2010 09:23 PM
    No notification sounds for chat here either.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk
    12-14-2010 09:42 PM
    I am expecting another update to come in the following days to fix that. I wonder if people with other phones have better luck with getting the chat notification sound?
    12-14-2010 09:55 PM
    I got an evo and im not getting no push notifications or no sound for tha chat what's up wit that
    12-14-2010 10:16 PM
    Chat performance is very sketchy for me so far, and it's incredibly disappointing push notifications are only for what we've already had on delayed notifications. Still nothing for Comments and Likes.

The waiting game continues...
    12-14-2010 10:17 PM
    Hey guys, quick question

Now that we have chat, am I always logged into facebook chat? Like do my friends always see me as being online? Or how do I make it so that I can close the facebook app and still appear online to other people?
    12-14-2010 10:29 PM
    Hey guys, quick question

Now that we have chat, am I always logged into facebook chat? Like do my friends always see me as being online? Or how do I make it so that I can close the facebook app and still appear online to other people?
    You are only logged on when you open the App and click on chat. Now you will stay logged on until you hit the menu key and log off the chat.
    12-14-2010 10:34 PM
    ok, so if i click chat, then click the homescreen button (to go back to android desktop) i dont get logged off?

In other words does chat run in the background? Can anyone confirm it does?
    12-14-2010 10:40 PM
    I still prefer Go! for facebook chat. The official app isn't reliable, whenever you close facebook the chat DCs. With Go! you're always available as long as you have the service running.
    12-14-2010 10:53 PM
    Are you people for real I get notifications for everything only thing I can't do is change my profile pic from the app that's my only problem with them
    12-14-2010 11:19 PM
    Well to all with the chat problem.. i figured mine out.. Make sure under your facebook account on your PC ur chat is enabled and signed on if you have it off your phone will not connect to it... hope it helpss
    12-14-2010 11:45 PM
    When I click on chat it just says "Loading" and stays that way. Chat works fine on the website so it is set up, just not working on Android.
    12-15-2010 12:05 AM
    So some are getting push for all some are getting push for some things and others like me get none at all, great work facebook

Swyped on my OG Droid using Tapatalk
    12-15-2010 12:05 AM
    I can confirm that our Optimus S is getting full push for everything. While my Evo is only getting for chat and messages.
    12-15-2010 02:37 AM
    This update seems to be killing my battery - it drained from 99% to 67% in less than 40 minutes.

I just started logging out of FB when I'm not actively using it and am hopeful that will help.

Anybody else noticing major battery drainage after this update?
    12-15-2010 06:29 AM
    I'm excited and happy for this feature.

I hope they'll be adding more features soon.

Thanks.
    12-15-2010 06:48 AM
    No major battery drainage on my EVO, but I'm also not getting push notifications (just the same old event, FR, and message ones: no wall posts or comments)

Still nice they are rolling out improvements. Just wish they'd get notifications working, although it does sound like from other posts that they are working on some devices.
    12-15-2010 07:31 AM
    For those of you getting the FB push notifications (I'm not), does it show up in your status bar or do you need to open the app to see them?

I'm an ex-Berry user and they came up in the status bar which was nice, it was always running in the background.

-Bob
    12-15-2010 08:05 AM
    For those of you getting the FB push notifications (I'm not), does it show up in your status bar or do you need to open the app to see them?

I'm an ex-Berry user and they came up in the status bar which was nice, it was always running in the background.

-Bob
    If it doesn't give you an alert or show up in the status bar and you have to open the app to see it that isn't exactly a notification.

I wanna know what these people are supposedly doing. Four different phones and we have done all sorts of things running 2.2 like Facebook said and none of them get them for comments, likes or wall post.

Sent on my Evo using Tapatalk Pro!
    12-15-2010 08:13 AM
    Just joined the forum to give another sample for the group here. Hate to see some users calling others liars because their is working. My girlfriend and I tested tested these all last night.

Hers: Droid 1, 2.2.1
    Mine: Droid X, 2.2.1

Notifications I have gotten pushed:
    Chat
    "______ has accepted your friend request"
    "______ commented on _______'s status"
    "1 new friend request"
    "______ commented on your status"
    "______ tagged a photo of you"
    "______ Liked your status"

Chat works well and seems to keep me logged in unless I tell it otherwise. Even after leaving the app, I get chat notifications if I left it logged in.

So I guess add me into the success category.

Edit: Forgot to mention that some notifications have different icons. They show up in the status bar. Blue LED flashes for FB alerts and phone vibrates or makes a sound for all except the chat for some reason.
    12-15-2010 09:03 AM
    Is this maybe a 2.2 issue? I’ve read a couple places now that Push notifications are only fully operational on devices running FroYo. I’m still on clair with the Fascinate and I’m only receiving push notifications in the notification area for the same old things as before, nothing still on comments or likes.
    12-15-2010 09:11 AM
    Is this maybe a 2.2 issue? Ive read a couple places now that Push notifications are only fully operational on devices running FroYo. Im still on clair with the Fascinate and Im only receiving push notifications in the notification area for the same old things as before, nothing still on comments or likes.
    C2DM is only supported on 2.2, so yes, you must be on Froyo. However, it seems that even some devices on 2.2 are not receiving push notifications. Facebook has posted on their Facebook for Android page that 2.2 is required and if it's not working, your device might not be supported, but they did not provide a list of supported devices. I would assume that all devices with 2.2 would be supported.

My experience is that chat is working with instant notifications, but nothing else is.

Droid X running 2.2.1.
    12-15-2010 09:17 AM
160 1234 ...