Visit site
notifications check
messages check
friend requets check
event invites check
vibrate check
led check

im not working any magic here...

Your also not getting notifications for comments, wall posts or likes. What you have checked there is what you will get push notifications for. You will also get them for chat. I have 4 people testing it on 4 different Android phones. None of them are getting them for the particular notifications I just named. So unless you got some super powers or all 4 phones are possessed you aren't getting those notifications via Facebook for Android.

ZipKicker

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
i got one notification, and that was for comments after i commented on someone status, since then, nothing for me, droid incredible running skyraider vanilla, weird..maybe some bugs to be worked out as with most new updates/additions

odub303

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
The refresh interval only matters on the feed. Push notifications are for the messages, chat, etc.. Push is exactly what it says, "Push".

I understand what push is, but if you notice when you disable the refresh, it greys the other options out, hence my question.

Mikey

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
I understand what push is, but if you notice when you disable the refresh, it greys the other options out, hence my question.

Yeah I haven't tried it with it set on manual but if the push is working as it should it shouldn't matter. I may have to try and find out. I've only experimented so far with 4 phones on push with comments, likes, wall posts, messages, chat, friend request, and so forth. Comments, wall post and likes do not push and even the other stuff that is supposed to push I get email notification faster then the push so it still isn't up to par. Granted even push is not gonna be completely immediate there will be some pause but this update isn't what it's cracked up to be. It's getting there just not there yet.

I mean I don't live my life by Facebook but when I post something and I know people are commenting I would like to get them pushed. It would be nice. Even if I don't check them right away I know they are there.

green mtns rider

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Your also not getting notifications for comments, wall posts or likes. What you have checked there is what you will get push notifications for. You will also get them for chat. I have 4 people testing it on 4 different Android phones. None of them are getting them for the particular notifications I just named. So unless you got some super powers or all 4 phones are possessed you aren't getting those notifications via Facebook for Android.

Mikey, i dont think i can be of any help to you. but yeah, i am getting the notifications i speak of.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I have an Evo and I don't get any notifications for comments or wall posts either. I expected them to show up just like messages and friend requests, but I don't get any of that, I have to go into the Facebook app to see them. One thing is better now though, I used to only get the first comment after a commented I may have made some place, all subsequent ones didn't show up, and they do now. Also, with chat, while I get the small notification icon, I don't get any sound at all, is that normal? What's the point of it telling me someone just responded in the chat if I can't hear it?

Still needs more work!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I am expecting another update to come in the following days to fix that. I wonder if people with other phones have better luck with getting the chat notification sound?

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
Chat performance is very sketchy for me so far, and it's incredibly disappointing push notifications are only for what we've already had on delayed notifications. Still nothing for Comments and Likes.

The waiting game continues...

King Neptune117

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, quick question

Now that we have chat, am I always logged into facebook chat? Like do my friends always see me as being online? Or how do I make it so that I can close the facebook app and still appear online to other people?

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, quick question

Now that we have chat, am I always logged into facebook chat? Like do my friends always see me as being online? Or how do I make it so that I can close the facebook app and still appear online to other people?

You are only logged on when you open the App and click on chat. Now you will stay logged on until you hit the menu key and log off the chat.

King Neptune117

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
ok, so if i click chat, then click the homescreen button (to go back to android desktop) i dont get logged off?

In other words does chat run in the background? Can anyone confirm it does?

awesomo4308

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
I still prefer Go! for facebook chat. The official app isn't reliable, whenever you close facebook the chat DCs. With Go! you're always available as long as you have the service running.

Roustermiller

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Are you people for real I get notifications for everything only thing I can't do is change my profile pic from the app that's my only problem with them

Jcody

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Well to all with the chat problem.. i figured mine out.. Make sure under your facebook account on your PC ur chat is enabled and signed on if you have it off your phone will not connect to it... hope it helpss

eyesparky

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
When I click on chat it just says "Loading" and stays that way. Chat works fine on the website so it is set up, just not working on Android.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar