Facebook for Android gets chat, push notifications

Salacon

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Bah, but still no alerts to notifications of comments, likes, etc.! Blast it all... I'm also disappointed that the ability for me to use the main screen with the icons as my default that first opens is gone; it seems I'm now stuck with the news feed opening by default no matter what I try. Though I will say it's nice that Chat is finally in, even though I probably won't really use it much.

Ah, the joy of finding something to complain about...

green mtns rider

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
i received notification of comments made after mine on someone elses post...but on the other hand, i recieved notification of a message when i was actually chatting with someone. so the chat was put into message form...

Tifoso

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know how to eliminate the email notification? Now that push notification is actually working I see no need for the duplicate email.

chad783

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Chat is nice to have but it logs me out every time I leave the app. Even if I have it running in the background and then try to go back into it, it logs me back in. It would be nice if chat could run in the background. Other than that, this app is just about perfect.

murso74

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
do we need froyo for push notifications? or is only for messeges and friend requests and events still (which is so useless)

Mikey

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah it looks as to me they stretched the truth. No notifications for wall post and statuses. Only chat, messages and the same stuff that was already there. Why they refuse to give their users what they want I don't understand. I don't care what their beef is with google, this is about their users.

Sent on my Evo using Tapatalk Pro!

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, can anyone confirm whether or not the push notifications are just for the chat portion of this update?

Mikey

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, can anyone confirm whether or not the push notifications are just for the chat portion of this update?

I just said what they do. Chat, messages, friend request, everything that was already there and the new chat. It doesn't do however what MOST people want comments, likes, wall post. They HIGHLY exaggerated this release when they said it had push notifications. Yeah it has them, half of them.

Mikey

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
like i said on page 1, it is notifying me when people people comment on my status...not sure why it wouldnt work for me and not anyone else...

Well please do explain your settings. I have seen dozens of post on several forums now and quite a few on Appbrain and in the market that are saying it don't. What's your secret?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante