04-15-2011 08:15 AM
160 ... 4567
tools
    Do you have Email notifications enabled? You'll need to do so in your Account Settings on the Facebook website.
    Yes I do. I was getting them but it recently stopped

Sent from my CM6.1 Powered device
    12-19-2010 03:34 PM
    Okay, woke up this morning to fb push notifications working again.????? WTH is going on? Let's see how long they will work this time. Getting push notifications for wall post, comments on a friend's wall after I commented.

I was one of the rare ones that had push working for the first day I updated the new fb app.
    12-20-2010 07:57 AM
    there is probably nothing wrong with the actual app itself but maybe their server needs some tweaking for this whole thing to work 100%. I hope it gets sorted soon.
    12-20-2010 08:02 AM
    Wow, all this angst over notifications for Facebook....the end of days must surely be upon us if this is considered a pressing issue for some segments of the populous!
    12-21-2010 02:06 AM
    its not the end of days but if you compare this version to the iphones (which works flawless) you maybe start to figure out the android app is a second class citizen. Its even more annoying for someone to say something will work and it doesn't. Fb is the biggest social network in the world, you'd think their app would be work right. In its defense it has improved a lot since initial release.
    12-21-2010 08:34 AM
    ...push notifications no longer work on my X. It was good at first, then slowed, now non existent. I didn't change anything. I hope this is fixed soon because now I'm basically using a FB app without instant notifications and a broken chat I can't use.
    12-21-2010 11:23 AM
    Wow, all this angst over notifications for Facebook....the end of days must surely be upon us if this is considered a pressing issue for some segments of the populous!
    Everybody is drinking the Facebook poison. This is the beginning of thee end. Clearly a sign of the apocalypse.LOL.
    12-21-2010 05:24 PM
    Having been on the BB, iOS, and Android platforms, the only one that gets
    push right with the FB app is BB. Even though their app sucks. Since then,
    with iOS and now Android, I just use email notifications for FB. Works just
    fine for me with Gmail.
    12-21-2010 05:26 PM
    So now my wife's epic running froyo is getting push notifications and my gingerbread evo still isn't. So angry!
    12-22-2010 10:19 PM
    Probably going against most here, but I don't want the notifications but I am getting them anyway. I have everything disabled that can be done in the facebook app on my LG Optimus S. I don't want or need the app telling me everytime someone replies to something I posted. I get a damn email for that. Any advice?
    12-23-2010 08:49 AM
    Probably going against most here, but I don't want the notifications but I am getting them anyway. I have everything disabled that can be done in the facebook app on my LG Optimus S. I don't want or need the app telling me everytime someone replies to something I posted. I get a damn email for that. Any advice?
    Turn off your emails that way you only get one notification

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    12-23-2010 08:51 AM
    Turn off your emails that way you only get one notification

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    I don't want the notifications at all...Not sure why, but they bother me.
    12-23-2010 12:52 PM
    Just thought of something... those of you that have notifications working, do you have the Facebook widget on one of your homescreens? I do and I'm not getting any. Maybe that could be a reason?

(Posted from my HTC Droid Incredible)
    12-23-2010 06:25 PM
    Just thought of something... those of you that have notifications working, do you have the Facebook widget on one of your homescreens? I do and I'm not getting any. Maybe that could be a reason?

On or off. Doesn't matter. If your gonna get them, your gonna get them. We are beating a dead horse. I think it's been determined it's on Facebooks end within 14 pages.
    12-23-2010 07:00 PM
    got a bunch for a few hours yesterday, then it stopped.
    12-24-2010 07:40 AM
    On or off. Doesn't matter. If your gonna get them, your gonna get them. We are beating a dead horse. I think it's been determined it's on Facebooks end within 14 pages.
    I agree. I've tried the following and still no dice:

- Changed Facebook email to match Gmail that is synced with phone
    - Tried with varous refresh rates in Facebook app
    - On/off contact sync
    - Reinstalled Facebook in /system/app and in /data/app
    - Turned on various email notifications in Facebook app

Very frustrating when my wife's Epic gets push notifications fine
    12-24-2010 11:57 AM
    Was hoping that Facebook would fix their push notifications as a Christmas gift to everyone. Apparently not!

12-25-2010 01:28 PM
    This sucks
    12-25-2010 05:14 PM
    ... (And also give an option to Change your profile pic.)
    12-25-2010 05:41 PM
    ... (And also give an option to Change your profile pic.)
    Yeah I know! That it something I wanna do, I just took this picture but I cannot put it as my avatar until I upload it to Facebook and get on my computer? What the hell is up with that?

Sent from my Nexus S
    12-25-2010 06:01 PM
    So for those of us that haven't had push notifications, have they started working for anyone? It kind of distresses me to see the Facebook for Android team is offering NO feedback...
    12-28-2010 11:21 AM
    So for those of us that haven't had push notifications, have they started working for anyone? It kind of distresses me to see the Facebook for Android team is offering NO feedback...
    If your stressing over Facebook I suggest finding a hobby.
    12-28-2010 03:13 PM
    If your stressing over Facebook I suggest finding a hobby.
    this is my hobby.
    12-31-2010 07:50 AM
    Nope. No biggie though as I have F Plus

Sent from my CM Powered device
    12-31-2010 09:44 AM
    Its at no surprise ...Facebooks app has been known to have problems since it was very first released. Not sure about iPhone but it was always horrible on Blackberry and is a little better on Android. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to release something that fully functions.
    12-31-2010 09:56 AM
160 ... 4567