Facebook for Android gets chat, push notifications

kedesa

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Okay, woke up this morning to fb push notifications working again.????? WTH is going on? Let's see how long they will work this time. Getting push notifications for wall post, comments on a friend's wall after I commented.

I was one of the rare ones that had push working for the first day I updated the new fb app.

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
there is probably nothing wrong with the actual app itself but maybe their server needs some tweaking for this whole thing to work 100%. I hope it gets sorted soon.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Wow, all this angst over notifications for Facebook....the end of days must surely be upon us if this is considered a pressing issue for some segments of the populous!

kicko

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
its not the end of days but if you compare this version to the iphones (which works flawless) you maybe start to figure out the android app is a second class citizen. Its even more annoying for someone to say something will work and it doesn't. Fb is the biggest social network in the world, you'd think their app would be work right. In its defense it has improved a lot since initial release.

PhoenixMike

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
...push notifications no longer work on my X. It was good at first, then slowed, now non existent. I didn't change anything. I hope this is fixed soon because now I'm basically using a FB app without instant notifications and a broken chat I can't use.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
Wow, all this angst over notifications for Facebook....the end of days must surely be upon us if this is considered a pressing issue for some segments of the populous!

Everybody is drinking the Facebook poison. This is the beginning of thee end. Clearly a sign of the apocalypse.LOL.

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Having been on the BB, iOS, and Android platforms, the only one that gets
push right with the FB app is BB. Even though their app sucks. Since then,
with iOS and now Android, I just use email notifications for FB. Works just
fine for me with Gmail.

anon(83790)

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Probably going against most here, but I don't want the notifications but I am getting them anyway. I have everything disabled that can be done in the facebook app on my LG Optimus S. I don't want or need the app telling me everytime someone replies to something I posted. I get a damn email for that. Any advice?

Lurch81#AC

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Probably going against most here, but I don't want the notifications but I am getting them anyway. I have everything disabled that can be done in the facebook app on my LG Optimus S. I don't want or need the app telling me everytime someone replies to something I posted. I get a damn email for that. Any advice?

Turn off your emails that way you only get one notification

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

slinky317

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Just thought of something... those of you that have notifications working, do you have the Facebook widget on one of your homescreens? I do and I'm not getting any. Maybe that could be a reason?

(Posted from my HTC Droid Incredible)

Mikey

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Just thought of something... those of you that have notifications working, do you have the Facebook widget on one of your homescreens? I do and I'm not getting any. Maybe that could be a reason?

(Posted from my HTC Droid Incredible)

On or off. Doesn't matter. If your gonna get them, your gonna get them. We are beating a dead horse. I think it's been determined it's on Facebooks end within 14 pages.