Hi all,
    I'm new here and looking for some help.
    With k9 mail stuck polling at 5 minute intervals. i have adjusted it through the range of options from never to 24 hours. but k9 continues to poll every 5 mins. tried force stop restart to no avail, have scoured the net to find answer but no luck. i have just changed provider and found they charge in Mb packets so every time it polls i get stung for a md even if i get a 1 kb email.please help.
    01-30-2015 08:00 AM
    k9 mail stuck polling at 5 minute intervals. i have adjusted it through the range of options from never to 24 hours. but k9 continues to poll every 5 mins. tried force stop restart to no avail, have scoured the net to find answer but no luck. i have just changed provider and found they charge in Mb packets so every time it polls i get stung for a md even if i get a 1 kb email.please help.
    Have you tried uninstalling the app and resinstalling it? Sometime's it will do the trick and save you a lot of grief.
    01-30-2015 08:26 AM
    Hi Paul
    No I didn't want to lose the emails and settings I have stored. I'm not too cluey with these thing and it took me ages to set up in the first place. I was keeping that as a last resort. do you have any other suggestion please?
    01-30-2015 05:27 PM
    Hi Paul
    No I didn't want to lose the emails and settings I have stored. I'm not too cluey with these thing and it took me ages to set up in the first place. I was keeping that as a last resort. do you have any other suggestion please?
    Try going into Settings/Manage App/K 9 and clear cache on the app. That shouldn't disrupt settings, just don't select DATA.

Otherwise can I ask why your using K9 email? In the past it was a popular go to app because stock email and GMail was limited on what email services you could link up to. Now so much has changed and stock or Gmail can handle most. Just a suggestion but you may want to look into having one or the other handle your email services.
    01-30-2015 10:55 PM