Awesome new update to K-9 Mail. A lot of new improvements.

New in 3.4:
    Mail on SD (account settings>storage) uses less storage.
    Better "Empty Trash".
    Hi Res icons.
    Protocol improvements.
    "Quiet time" at night.
    Fixed pinch to zoom.
    And a variety of other improvements and bug fixes.

If you don't have the new update...check it out.
    12-15-2010 10:43 AM
    How do I empty the trash folder??
    12-17-2010 07:42 PM
    Long press over the words "trash folder" in the list of folders....inbox,outbox, drafts,etc...
    12-17-2010 07:55 PM
    No joy. No matter what I try I cannot get the trash folder to empty. I have tried expunge and empty trash a hundred time with no effect. Now my phone memory is almost full with old emails. I love Akers but this is a deal killer for me. Something so simple should be just that. Simple
    12-17-2010 08:47 PM
    All you have to do is go to the list of folders and long press for about 3 seconds over the words Trash Folder. It might take a minute or until the next time it syncs to show that its emptied (especially if theres alot of trash) but it does empty. I just did mine about 15 minutes ago.
    12-17-2010 09:31 PM
    I understand how it is supposed to work. But it doesn't. As I said, I have tried the empty trash button at least a 100 times and I have never gotten it to work. I now have thousands of items in the trash folder with no way to get rid of them. I guess I could just delete the account but it would be better if empty trash would actually empty the trash.
    12-17-2010 09:49 PM
    Not sure then. It works for me on my phone. The only thing I can think of is to reinstall the app or try rebooting your phone. There's also the app Touchdown which works just like K9 mail. goodluck..
    12-18-2010 09:57 AM
    Long press over the words "trash folder" in the list of folders....inbox,outbox, drafts,etc...
    Many thanks for the tip

Worked will on my Moto XT720
    01-03-2011 09:12 AM
    Looks good, although for some reason, the new message notification icon never disappears on its own. Not a problem to manually clear notifications, just that it doesn't do it automatically for me (Galaxy S Mesmerize OS 2.1).
    01-03-2011 05:18 PM
    Many thanks for the tip

Worked will on my Moto XT720
    No problem...long pressing on android goes a long way with options for a lot of stuff.
    01-03-2011 05:29 PM
    Looks good, although for some reason, the new message notification icon never disappears on its own. Not a problem to manually clear notifications, just that it doesn't do it automatically for me (Galaxy S Mesmerize OS 2.1).
    Check your settings. I have no problems with it...but then again I usually access new messages through the notifications bar.
    01-03-2011 05:33 PM
    I have found myself checking the K9 site daily for updates. They update fairly frequently...
    01-03-2011 10:48 PM
    Where can I go to get help setting K9 up?

I can't get my initial setup to work. I keep getting "IOException: Cannot connect to server" so I must have some settings wrong, but I can't seem to figure out what I need to get this to work. I'm trying to sync with a Corporate account.
    01-04-2011 09:30 AM
    You'd need to check with your mail admin to see what the settings would be. Not all environments are identically set up. The access method you're trying to use may not be available for your environment.
    01-05-2011 09:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD