Amazing New Theme: Launcher+

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
ok so i was looking through droidforums.net earlier and i saw sombody post this so im not taking credit for finding it.

its called "launcher+ beta" in the market place. basically its a theme for the people who like the standard 2.0 and 2.0.1 UI but just want more screens. i think it offers up to 6 screens which is a hell of a lot if you ask me. from what i have experienced so far i have only had one force close in about 5 hours and it was early on as i was setting up my widgets and shortcuts but there is no lag at all from what i can tell.

one other interesting thing about it is that if you hold down the menu button on the bottom of the phone it will have a transparent screen pop up with thumbnails of each screen you have and the icons that are on it so you can select that screen and be taken to it instantly. if i'm not mistaken that is a feature 2.1 has, right?

over all i would say its a really good theme and pretty solid at that. but now that i have the option for all of those extra screens that i wanted i have realized i dont really use enough of the shortcuts and widgets where i need extra screens haha. check it out for yourselves.

herki

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
It can actually offer up to 7 screens. It's also nice for people who want fewer than 3 home screens, not that I've heard of anybody who does. I saw this as a nice way to get a little feature of 2.1 without rooting my phone. Now I have those 5 screens, which allows me to use the bigger versions of some of my widgets! yay!

I've had it for about a week now and it has worked flawlessly. I haven't had it crash on me ever. I don't use multiple copies of the same widget, for what it's worth.

I hadn't figured out the little thumbnail thing before. That's pretty cool, though it seemed pretty slow when I tried it. I don't really need it because I know what's on each of my screens, but it's still cool.

All in all, I really like Launcher+. I'm a big fan of seamless integration, and this does it pretty well. Hopefully it'll keep me happy until 2.1 is out!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm