Announcing a new application. The Roam Override application provides a home screen widget to toggle between three states of roaming: Home Network Only, Forced Roaming, and Auto. No root required!

This is for CDMA phones with a Qualcomm chipset and software stack. It's ideal for users with a stock ROM who need the ability to force their roaming manually.

Tested on an LG Optimus S, but should work on other Qualcomm based phones, such as HTC. If you have a different phone, please give it a try during the 15 minute Market return window.

It's a paid app, currently priced at $2.99 as of Dec 16, 2010.

12-16-2010 09:42 AM
    Has this been tested on any Galaxy S phones?
    12-16-2010 10:11 AM
    Has this been tested on any Galaxy S phones?
    No. Not sure if Samsung uses Qualcomm radio chips because Samsung does not use their processors (or SoC). The application should fail to install if you lack the required library. You could always try it out and return it if it doesn't work. The market gives you 15 minutes to return it.
    12-16-2010 12:39 PM
    Does it work on the DX?
    Thanks for the notice.
    12-16-2010 12:46 PM
    Does it work on the DX?
    Thanks for the notice.
    Haven't tried it yet. You could give it a quick try and return it if it fails to install. Just remember, the new market requires you to return it within 15 minutes of purchasing.

Motorola is more than likely using a Texas Instruments chipset rather than Qualcomm, but I haven't confirmed. If you try it, please let us know the results.
    12-16-2010 06:46 PM
    The Market should filter out the application if your phone lacks the necessary hardware and software. Try the QR code above or try searching for "Roam Override". If you can't find it, sorry, it's not going to work for you.
    12-17-2010 03:29 AM
    Well the QR code finds nothing and I can't see it in the market so it must NOT work on the HTC EVO 4g...
    12-17-2010 08:25 AM
    Well the QR code finds nothing and I can't see it in the market so it must NOT work on the HTC EVO 4g...
    Yep, that's the Market doing it's job correctly. Are you running a stock HTC rom or something else?
    12-17-2010 01:53 PM
    Yep, that's the Market doing it's job correctly. Are you running a stock HTC rom or something else?
    Just a stock EVO
    12-17-2010 03:01 PM
    This is perfect for my sister who has an Optimus. She lives on the borderline of sprint service so it doesn't switch to roaming automatically but its very poor quality on Sprint. Referred her to this app.
    12-18-2010 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD