Google Maps 5.0 Update Now in the Market

Biffer

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Recent changes:
* Explore the map in 3D. Two finger drag down/up to tilt; twist to rotate on supported devices.
* Use compass mode to rotate the map to where you're facing. Center the map with My Location then tap again.
* Improved map caching and offline Navigation rerouting if you lose your connection.

Note: Some require Android 2.0+

Latest version: 5.0.0 (for all Android versions)

bpdamas

Jun 2, 2010
Visit site
It's great on N1! The only thing it isn't working is rotation using multitouch, but it's working with the compass :)

You have to make sure you click on the my location button first before the rotate works. If you click somewhere else on the map and it is no longer following your location, the rotation won't work.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I appear to have the latest version as I can tilt and rotate but I haven no 3d buildings. Samsung Epic.

Not all buildings are 3D. Go to a major city like NYC and give it a shot.

Maps 5.0 worked for me earlier today, but I'm getting FCs now. Hmmm. Running Skyraider Rom. Fixing permissions to see if that makes a difference.

Edit: Fixing permissions did nothing. I uninstalled the update, then reapplied it. It's working for now.

Last edited:

igobytony

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Anyone notice this just sucking down the battery? Mine started to get really bad yesterday, and so I looked at what was using it, and noticed that Maps was taking like 63%, while android system was at just 30 something, and screen about 2%. And this was when I hasn't used maps at all. Just running in the background.

I'm going to keep an eye on it more today, but if it turns out to not just be a fluke, I'm definite un-installing the update.

Which is a pretty sweet one, BTW.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt