Announcing a new app I have been working on for a couple of months now, Notification Monitor. One of the things I miss from having an iPhone is the screen turning on when a notification is received. This app does just that while also giving you preferences as to when it turns on. Check it out and let me know what you think. Thank you!

UPDATE: I have changed the paid version to be the free version. The update should be visible in about 3 hours from 8:30pm ET.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d.notification
    02-08-2015 11:36 AM
    Thanks for the link!
    02-09-2015 03:54 PM
    You are most welcome. Comments, thoughts, and suggestions are all welcome.
    02-09-2015 06:16 PM
    I released an update for the paid version last night that should be live now. Added a new preference option to ignore notifications from specific apps.
    02-16-2015 10:25 AM
    Update as been released for the free version adding in the ability to ignore notifications from specific apps and a Lollipop specific addition of being able to ignore/allow notifications based on when the priority mode is set to "Priority".
    02-20-2015 08:04 AM
    Update released for paid version with bug fixes and ability to keep the screen on for more than the default time (varies per device, but is most likely 10 seconds)
    02-26-2015 09:20 PM
    The paid version has been removed and is now the free version. The update will be present in about 3 hours from 8:30pm ET. At some point I will add in a donation option to help support updates for this app. Bug fixes will still come in if I find any or if any are reported, but at this time, no new major features will be added.
    03-03-2015 07:50 PM
    New update available. Preference option to attempt to disable the notification LED (if one is present) when entering the inactive time period and turn it back on when entering the active time period. Second new feature is a Snooze/Wake button added to the monitor status notification. This buttons ability is to temporarily enter/exit the in/active time period for a present amount of time that you can choose from within the app.

Next planned preference option is to be able to set the ringer mode to Silent (Android 4.4 and down) when the inactive time period begins and back to Normal when the active time period begins. For Android 5.0 and up, this option will be to set the ringer/notification volume to 0 and back to it's previous level as well as turn off the vibration for phone calls while in the inactive time period.

Next planned preference option after that would be to have the monitor not exit the inactive time period, as scheduled by the active hours start time, until you unlock the phone. This would be handy for days when you get to sleep in but don't want get calls or notifications just yet. And let's be honest, who doesn't look at their phone first thing upon waking up?

And a reminder to all the past updates added, these are all preference options and not forced features within the app.
    04-27-2015 04:01 PM
    Update pushed that should show up in a few hours. Added previously mentioned preference option to have the Ringer Mode set to Silent when the inactive time period starts and preference option to set Ringer Mode to Normal when the active time period starts. For Lollipop, this option sets the volume to 0 and turns off phone call vibration since the Silent Ringer Mode was removed in Android 5.0+.
    05-09-2015 08:40 PM
    Been a long time since I have posted here, but many more updates have been released since my last post including many new features and bung fixes. A small update was just posted and should be active in a few hours. Feel free to contact me with any questions, thoughts, bug reports, etc. I want to keep adding more to my app and make it better than it is now by getting feedback and requests.
    10-20-2015 09:03 PM