I'm just curious how it works in general. If I send money does it take it out of my bank account straight to whoever I'm sending it to's bank account? Or is it like online currency that you buy? Does it work well? Any help would be appreciated!
    sanjay bobra likes this.
    02-13-2015 11:07 AM
    When you set it up you tie your Google Wallet account to your bank account, debit/credit cards, etc....if the other person has a Wallet account they can easily just transfer it to their bank account. If they don't, they'll be asked to set one up. Once you send money it will come out of your account, the other person then has the option to accept or reject it. If they reject it it will be returned right away, if they don't accept it or reject it will be returned to you after about 2 weeks.
    02-13-2015 01:46 PM
    If I have a credit or debit card linked to my Google Wallet account that I use for purchases at the PlayStore can I then use tap-to-pay and it uses that card to pay or is it necessary to transfer money into Google Wallet as a "go between"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    03-07-2015 08:51 AM
    03-07-2015 03:15 PM
    If I have a credit or debit card linked to my Google Wallet account that I use for purchases at the PlayStore can I then use tap-to-pay and it uses that card to pay or is it necessary to transfer money into Google Wallet as a "go between"?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Yes if you have your card linked to your Wallet account, and you set it as your default card in the Wallet app, that's what it will pull from for tap and pay.
    tlo07 likes this.
    03-09-2015 01:57 PM
    This is probably a silly question, but I'm coming from Softcard (because I'm on AT&T). I've had problems with it being declined when used as debit (as opposed to credit). Today after being declined at Walgreens, my transaction record said the PIN was incorrect. When I first scanned, it asked me for my Wallet pin, which I put in. Then during the transaction, it asked for the PIN, and I put in my debit pin. Should I have put in the wallet pin again? I just assumed I needed to use the regular debit pin.
    03-13-2015 11:11 AM
    To the first point, I've found that when using google wallet if you have to select debit or credit on the terminal, it has to be credit....even if your debit card is what's attached to your wallet account, usually they are backed by a credit card company and can be used as either option. So that should help in keeping you from getting declined.

As for the PIN it should be your wallet PIN#, because again, when you run it as credit you don't need to use your bank PIN.
    mellyf likes this.
    03-13-2015 01:23 PM
    I've been using Google Wallet for about a month now and everything has worked out smoothly. My checking account is linked to my Google wallet.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-17-2015 12:20 AM