What is a good birthday & anniversary reminder app?

abreuma677

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
Looking for a birthday & anniversary reminder app

I'm a recent IOS-to-Android convert who's old enough to have had a PalmPilot and Psion too. Here's what I want. For birthdays and anniversaries in my calendar I want an app where I can define the "days/weeks before the date" reminder and what time that reminder should appear. For example, I configure the app to remind me 3 weeks before an event - at 9:00AM. This would be true for all birthdays and anniversaries. Three weeks before my mother's birthday I want a reminder to appear on my phone or in my calendar (with alarm).

This reminder feature was built into the Psion calendar and frankly I've not found anything quite as good since. Had to buy an app for the PalmPilot that was close, and IOS too. The IOS app author didn't do a Android version. (Occasions) So far I haven't found one for Android that suits me. Same-day reminders don't help me. The 1-week calendar built-in is not good enough. I don't care about Facebook integration. I'm not abandoning the built-in contacts & calendar apps.

Any leads or advice welcome.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Looking for a birthday & anniversary reminder app

Welcome to the forums. You can manually enter the dates in whichever calendar you use, and then set up a yearly repeat.

From an AOSP M8

abreuma677

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site

Thanks. I'd rather not make entries in contacts for birthdays and anniversaries AND put them in the calendar by hand too. That's why I'm looking for and app that can look in contacts and make calendar updates.

ISSEY

Feb 7, 2015
Visit site

I use a regular Google Calendar, it really does not look like 3 days and only on that day, but I was quite happy. Open the calendar and see what dates in one Birthdays

pmr_mx774

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: What is a good birthday & anniversary reminder app?

The Google calendar is very robust. Open Chrome, log in and go the the calendar. All the birthdays from your contacts are automatically synchronized... just go to settings and turn on reminders. Search the setting of all the parts ( email, contacts, calendar, etc). You can even add the holidays. I find it easier with a full keyboard and screen. Changes to your phone or tablet will all sync up, even new photos of contacts.

BirthdayBrain

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: What is a good birthday & anniversary reminder app?

Hi there

I'm a student and co-developer of a birthday reminder app called BirthdayBrain. In case you want to try one out on the newest Android version - please visit us on Google Play.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63