I've just immigrated from Blackberry OS 7 to Android and one feature I already miss is the built-in password keeper that Blackberry had. I know there are many fancy schmancy password managers available on Google Play, but all of them seem to put an emphasis on syncing across devices and storing your information in the cloud.

What if I wanted one that only stores my passwords LOCALLY on the phone itself. Just for peace of mind, I prefer that such information doesn't even touch the Internet. Do any of you know of such an app?

Thanks!
    02-14-2015 12:29 PM
    I've just immigrated from Blackberry OS 7 to Android and one feature I already miss is the built-in password keeper that Blackberry had. I know there are many fancy schmancy password managers available on Google Play, but all of them seem to put an emphasis on syncing across devices and storing your information in the cloud.

What if I wanted one that only stores my passwords LOCALLY on the phone itself. Just for peace of mind, I prefer that such information doesn't even touch the Internet. Do any of you know of such an app?

Thanks!
    i use a password protected MS Word/Excel File with Strong Encryption and OfficeSuite Pro Android App to store/access my secure data in a password protected encrypted file. the beauty is you can open this file on any device from ANYWHERE in the world with MS Word/Excel or Android equivalent and internet access. both support Office 2007+ Super Strong 128 Bit Encryption/Password.

i like the free-flow format and the open standard of an MS Word/Excel File vs. a "mom and pop" Password App. i don't like relying on some mom and pop locked black box proprietary closed format that could lose support or trap my data or go out of business. and MS Word /Excel and Office Suite Pro/Documents To Go is free if you already have it.

i then use Dropbox and simply dump this Word/Excel file in my Dropbox so it is available to me from any device anywhere in the world and it is always updated and in sync - and it is encrypted and password protected.

you can skip the Dropbox/Cloud part if you so choose.
    02-14-2015 12:47 PM
    02-14-2015 12:59 PM
    +1 for KeePass. It can keep the file locally, but I keep mine on the cloud, so all my devices have the same passwords all the time. (The NSA wouldn't waste the effort to get my passwords, and I'm not worried about the few [and there are very few] hackers who could. By the time an 8 core computer running a fast distro of Linux broke it, I'll be dead, buried and probably ready to be turned over.)
    02-14-2015 04:06 PM
    use KeePass, it is a good password keeper, in all suits
    02-15-2015 04:21 AM
    NS Wallet doesn't use the cloud. Keeper has a cloud free option but be prepared to be bugged about subscribing to a cloud based backup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    02-15-2015 05:20 AM
    Thanks for all the suggestions guys! I'm trying out KeePass2Android (Offline version) for now. Seems pretty good so far but, man, was it painful to retype all of my accounts/usernames/passwords one at a time. Blackberry's password keeper had no export feature as far as I know. Anyway, lemme know if you have any other ideas.
    02-15-2015 01:07 PM
    Well I have used Keepasss and BB Password keeper too but my search ended with Enpass. It is very simple to use. I am having one Windows laptop, Android phone and Linux desktop, and it is available for all of them. I personally prefer dropbox for syncing and it supports it too with number of options to choose from , Google drive, Onedrive & Box. It is very simple to use and fits in my pocket with its free desktop versions.
    04-20-2015 04:28 AM
    LastPass Password Manager is the best but only trial version is free. Keepass is the best too, especially if you are fun of open source apps. Dashlane Password Manager is the good solution among free apps. 1Password is the good too. Both use AES 256 for data encryption. It’s really strong encryption. All these Apps are alike. Some of them have integration with android browser or possibilities of auto filling or support cloud keeping or etc. others have not their. But in any case there is undecided question- How to keep master password providing access to locked data.
    05-20-2015 07:54 AM
    I've used keeper forever, and it's held up just fine

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-20-2015 09:56 PM
    Been using eWallet for several years. Keeps passwords between PC version and Android version never touches Internet. 256 bit Encryption. Has had 3-4 updates this year.
    05-24-2015 06:14 AM
    I'm using KeePass as my password manager and it has been working great so far. Using Keepass2Android as the Android client with the password database on my Google Drive account.
    05-25-2015 06:51 AM
    Wow,sure glad so many using Keepass 2 for android. All the other major password managers us android clipboard to transfer passwords,and Keepass is the only one to incorporate a keyboard into the apps functions. Clipboard is world readable,and a security/privacy risk.
    07-20-2015 09:47 PM