Why aren't my custome notifications for my email working the way they should?

TecDragon

Feb 16, 2015
Visit site
Email : the bane of my experience

Samsung Galaxy S5 (lolipop) after having been an IPhone user for years. The android phone itself is cool, has a ton of features, and imho is an all around better phone than the Iphone. BUT as I use the phone for work, I want to have custom notification sounds for specific people, IE one for the help desk, one for the VIP's, one for a co-worker, etc.

The Iphone had no trouble with this, but I have tried a host of applications from the app store and none give me what I am looking for, Maildroid almost did but it couldn't handle the exchange email correctly. If it was a gmail, no problem, if it was from work, it just ignored it. Gmail has labels that you can set up notifications for, all well and good, but the email is from exchange 2010, so no go. The default samsung app has a VIP setting but it doesn't work.

Nine - has customizations for a per folder basis, maybe this would work. I also found an app called email notify, but again only for gmail.

I want customizable email notifications per sender (like five different ones is all) and notifications that pop up on the lock screen.

Any help?

tennislvr8

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Email : the bane of my experience

Try aqua mail, there is a free version you can try and for 4.95 you get access to everything. Also try bluemail which is completely free.

Posted via the Android Central App

Howard Sylve

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site

You might also try CloudMagic, it's free but there's also a monthly/yearly payment option for more advanced features and priority support.

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site

AquaMail is excellent, by far my favorite email client. Extremely configurable with options for about anything you might need. Handles Exchange email no problem.

But, I don't know of an email client that will set a notification sound for specific people. You can set different sounds for different accounts and with Lollipop notifications can pop up on the screen.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

maildroiddev

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

MailDroid does allow you to set up specific notifications per account and per sender and per subject (set subject or add a wildcard). If the OP needs support, please email us at our support email.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21