Send email based on location

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to figure out the easiest/most efficient way to have my phone automatically send an email from a certain account, with a prefilled subject line and message body when I enter/exit a geofence around my house. I want to have one email for when I'm going, and one for when I'm coming. Any tips or advice on what apps I should look at to accomplish this?

I've got a Nexus 6, if that makes a difference.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Tasker can do it pretty easily. A slight modification (subject and body, and triggering by acquisition and loss of your wifi router's connection) of Automatic Email Low Battery - Tasker Wiki would do it. Or you could use https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ls?id=com.stedo.sendsilentmail&token=6bWCf0Sf (99 cents) with Tasker.

Rukbat...that definitely looks like a very viable option. I'm looking in to a couple of other things now.

Question: Can Tasker (or an available plugin) send an HTTP request? Also, I want it based on location. I don't want it to be based on WiFi. Sometimes I have my WiFi off, I don't want it firing when I'm walking around the neighborhood, etc... I want it to be based on my being with 1/4 mile from home (or something along those lines).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylorhudson5670