Is there such a thing as a custom Widget that will replace the stock Google Voice widget. The ugly white widget just doesn't really fit into the theme on my phone and I wondered if it was possible to re-skin the GV widget. Thanks.
    12-18-2010 08:34 AM
    I am with you, Hopefully something can be done.
    12-19-2010 10:06 AM
    Have you tried the Vlingo app? It has a Voice Search Widget that will route through Google search. Works very well.

Vlingo Virtual Assistant - Android app on AppBrain
    12-19-2010 11:38 AM
    Have you tried the Vlingo app? It has a Voice Search Widget that will route through Google search. Works very well.

Vlingo Virtual Assistant - Android app on AppBrain
    Google Voice is not the same as Google Voice Search

Google Voice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    12-19-2010 03:44 PM
    AH! I totally misread that, my apologies guys!
    12-19-2010 04:54 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys - I was hoping some enterprising person had come up with a new skin for the widget. I'll keep hoping it happens!
    12-20-2010 10:20 AM
    [THEME l MOD] Transparent widget skins. Pandora, Weather Channel, Facebook + Requests - xda-developers

those are all skinned for people looking for transparent widgets. Something more specific you'll need to do yourself, there is a step by step guide link in that thread.

Note that changing the skin of a widget makes it un-updatable. If it's a significant update, the author or someone else will often post the updated skin (like for the new facebook), but if it's a smaller app, like NYTIMES, that will never be updated because the updates don't much matter.

Google Voice has a recent version, not sure if it's the most recent. Works great.
    Oj467 likes this.
    12-21-2010 01:30 PM
    Wow! Thank you for that link. Much appreciated!
    12-21-2010 02:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD