Back in the 90s, I have an HP 95LX which was a palm sized PC with Lotus 123, a text editor, calendar and appointments and, best of all, the best calculator/solver ever made. What you did was enter an equation, lets say one I use every day; Freq = 1/(2*pi*sqrt(L*C)). The solver would assign a labeled softkey to each of the variables. You'd enter data for any two of them and press the third and boom - answer. I can't find anything that works as well Any suggestions? There are a lot of solvers out there, for instance Math Script, but they are a massive pain compared to the ancient HP solver. But then, HP always did know how to make a calculator properly.
    02-20-2015 09:49 AM
    Back in the 90s, I have an HP 95LX which was a palm sized PC with Lotus 123, a text editor, calendar and appointments and, best of all, the best calculator/solver ever made. What you did was enter an equation, lets say one I use every day; Freq = 1/(2*pi*sqrt(L*C)). The solver would assign a labeled softkey to each of the variables. You'd enter data for any two of them and press the third and boom - answer. I can't find anything that works as well Any suggestions? There are a lot of solvers out there, for instance Math Script, but they are a massive pain compared to the ancient HP solver. But then, HP always did know how to make a calculator properly.
    Hello!

Have you heard of Wolfram Alpha? It might be what you are looking for. Enter an equation, and it'll solve it right there for you! It even outlines the steps it took to get the answer it shows. Next to my Casio FX-9750GII Graphing Calculator, it's one of the most useful tools I have to solve some calculus problems if need be. It's pretty nifty. Check it out.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....android.alpha

If you want to get an idea of how it works, check it out on the web: Wolfram|Alpha: Computational Knowledge Engine
    02-20-2015 11:11 AM