What launcher do you use and why?

michaelwilks216

Mar 8, 2015
Visit site
Launcher: Nova Launcher

Device: HTC First

Why?: I Use Nova Considering It has many customizing Options Also they update along with Android Versions! Epic Launcher All Around!

soundmaven

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Have you tried EverythingMe Launcher? It looks at the apps you've installed, when and for how long you use them and then tailor a home screen layout to show what it thinks you want before you do. Interesting idea, but IMO needs a little more tinkering before it realises its true potential.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Next Launcher on this phone because it has cool and fun animations and effects. It performs well too.

🍷from the S5🎣

As I and others have said previously Next Launcher 3D Shell is the Cadillac right now. You can run the UI in the 2D or 3D side.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
As I and others have said previously Next Launcher 3D Shell is the Cadillac right now. You can run the UI in the 2D or 3D side.
The one thing I prefer in Nova over Next is that Nova lets you have more than one backup, so you can backup multiple configurations (iconpacks, desktop layouts, etc.) and restore them at will. I wish Next Launcher allowed that.

🍷from The 🅰🍗

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The one thing I prefer in Nova over Next is that Nova lets you have more than one backup, so you can backup multiple configurations (iconpacks, desktop layouts, etc.) and restore them at will. I wish Next Launcher allowed that.

🍷from The 🅰🍗

That is a good feature to have.

hj2k_x

May 7, 2015
Visit site
I have six to eight of the most popular launchers on my Note 3, Nova Prime, Apex Pro. I always go back to Next Launcher 3D Shell. For me as a power business user I need the productivity of ToDo List, Calendar, other widgets, etc. that come with Next 3D Shell. Nova Prime, Apex and some of the others maybe better price performers but for customizing the maximum widgets and icons Next is just over the top for efficiency and they are updating with new features every month or two. Next is also extremely fast and always stable.

For day to day productivity of a power user and business professional Next is what I really use. That is just comparing 2D vs 2D, the 3D side of Next is another step in the UI world but it uses the same menu and navigation structure. Some of the 3D aficionados would not even consider a launcher with only a 2D side. If money is tight and you can live without some of the features, widgets, not interested in a 3D User Interface then Nova will probably be good enough, but............

Next 3D Shell is the Cadillac of Launchers right now and as you can see it comes with a Cadillac price but as a power user it is worth the extra money because I depend on the Calendar, ToDo List and other PIM widgets so much.
I was looking for a nice 3d launcher to use on my Note 4 (on Lollipop) Is Next Launcher 3d still working for you? I tried the free version last night and it rendered my phone inoperable. Extremely laggy and massive battery drain. I had to uninstall. :/

I'd be willing to pay for a working 3d launcher but the reviews of even the paid versions reported massive lag issues, battery drain, and lack of app development almost across the board for all the launchers I could find...

neicy17

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I just found a cool one, kinda girly, but really cool called the CoccoPPA launcher. It gives you the launcher, date, icons and weather all customized for you. I have been using Go Launcher but pretty sure it's the cause of my recent annoying spam pop ups, so I'm going to go back to the CoccoPPA. And will be deleting the Gol Launcher.

Dude2

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I was looking for a nice 3d launcher to use on my Note 4 (on Lollipop) Is Next Launcher 3d still working for you? I tried the free version last night and it rendered my phone inoperable. Extremely laggy and massive battery drain. I had to uninstall. :/

I'd be willing to pay for a working 3d launcher but the reviews of even the paid versions reported massive lag issuest, battery drain, and lack of app development almost across the board for all the launchers I could find...
Updated to Lollipop a couple of weeks ago, and didn't do any factory reset as yet. Next 3D Shell is still fast and rock solid. I am also using the Nova Prime Beta and it is good but keep going back to NextLauncher because of menus and superior widgets. Both are stable on my Note 3.

hj2k_x

May 7, 2015
Visit site
Updated to Lollipop a couple of weeks ago, and didn't do any factory reset as yet. Next 3D Shell is still fast and rock solid. I am also using the Nova Prime Beta and it is good but keep going back to NextLauncher because of menus and superior widgets. Both are stable on my Note 3.
I ended up taking the plunge and buying TSF Launcher. Pricey but excellent so far :)

THE POTZ

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
None of the 3D themes work on my Note4 with the paid version of Next Launcher. The only thing that appears is an empty screen with the rotating dock at the bottom. Only when I use the trial version does the 3D effect work. Any one else have this issue?? I would build my 3D theme using the trial version but I'm not sure if I want to waste my time since ultimately they're going to make me pay for it, which I already have. But like I indicated the paid version doesn't work on 3D mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21