Strangely one of the I miss from my iPhone is the Compass App. I do field sampling and usually need coordinates. Is there an Android equivalent?

Simple compass app, nice design and gps coordinates. I see alot of convoluted apps like Polaris etc, that offer a lot more than I need. Just a simple compass app.

Any recommendations?
    02-22-2015 03:33 PM
    If you search the Play Store with the one word compass, you'll find a load of free "just compass" apps. (I won't list them all here - they'd close my account for wasting so much database.)
    02-22-2015 03:43 PM
    If you search the Play Store with the one word compass, you'll find a load of free "just compass" apps. (I won't list them all here - they'd close my account for wasting so much database.)
    Yes I have seen them, I was just wondering if there are any particularly outstandingly simple and good ones recommended by AC members.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk
    02-22-2015 04:45 PM
    FWIW I try to avoid free apps of this type because they are so likely to be larded with advertising. It's well worth the spending of a buck or two to have the tool without the ads.

I downloaded aTools Pro and I think it cost me around $1.50 USD. It has a lot more than the compass, but at least the compass looks simple and straightforward enough. I bought it because I wanted a good flashlight app, but I have found a few of the other included tools useful or at least fun to play around with.

OTOH that it's a considerable drawback that you would need two taps to get to the compass, instead of one.
    02-22-2015 11:45 PM
    I just happened across another compass app which seems quite straightforward and effective, and free to boot. It's likely closer to what the OP is after.

Steady Compass
    02-27-2015 11:19 PM
    I just came back in here to recommend CM Flashlight

The GUI "switch" to turn the light on and off, itself, works like a compass. Moreover, although it is a free app, it doesn't hammer you with ads and spam.

Apparently you can download it individually. AFAIK, CM, which has a whole range of free system maintenance products in the Marketplace, is one of the more reputable outfits. Their free products can be very useful and do not hammer you with ads or spam.
    10-16-2015 01:48 AM