Hey all,

Anyone have some experience to share with the impact to downloads of being listed in the "New + Updated Apps" section of the Play Store?

What I'm wondering is, is the impact to installs of being listed under New + Updated Apps big enough that I should wait and focus on building out a launch campaign to try to get to the top of that category? Or is it fairly small and not worth delaying putting myself up on the app store to make getting testers easier?

Would love to get the opinions of some fellow app devs out there!
    02-23-2015 01:10 PM
    I can't speak as a developer, only as an user, but all I can say is that unless I know the name of a specific app I'm looking for or I read a review somewhere or a friend recommended it, the Top List is the one I always browse for new stuff. And I don't really browse past the first few 30 or 40.
    02-23-2015 02:27 PM
    Thanks, that's still pretty helpful to know. Just curious, when do you usually find yourself checking the New + Updated list? As something to kind of pass the time? (like you're in line at the grocery store or waiting for a bus) or is it more deliberate? ("I should check out if any cool, new apps were released")

I'm wondering as it's a category I myself rarely check.
    02-24-2015 05:18 PM